View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 09:22 PM

Post 'Cursed Child' Scorpius Malfoy actor Anthony Boyle reportedly leaving plays in May

Anthony Boyle, who plays Scorpius Malfoy in the current London production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, recently revealed that he only has four more months left in the role, meaning that he will not pursue the role after his contract expires this May. The interview presumably took place earlier this year, hence why he said four months.

Quote:
What are your hopes for the future?
Anthony Boyle:
I really want to do more movies. With the play, it’s been ten months and there are four months left, so I’m looking forward to doing more films.
Director John Tiffany already confirmed that the next round of cast for the London plays will be announced very soon, and should include both existing actors (who choose to renew their contracts beyond this May) and new members as well.

Boyle, who has received numerous accolades for his role as Scorpius, including the WhatsOnStage award for newcomer, discussed his acting career, life in Belfast and moving to London for the production, and what he loved about portraying the young Malfoy.

Quote:
How are you finding the blonde wig?
Boyle:
Haha, how am I finding the blonde wig? I love it, I genuinely love it, I’ve always wanted to go blonde. The first time I put it on it all just came together and felt right. It’s a ***** to get off though!

Really? Is it like glued on?
Boyle:
Well you’ve got glue and pins, so it’s a nightmare getting off - but I like putting it on.

I suppose you can look in the mirror and be like ‘oooh I’m blonde today’.
Boyle:
Yeah, my mum thinks I look like a devil child in the blonde wig. It's quite nice, because it is theatre and there is a certain enmity, and because I look and sound quite different from the role, at stage door it can be a bit mental; like a hundred-odd people coming and screaming at you, but it's great because they love it so much, but not in the street.