View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Rosalyn's words made Gaston smile. It warmed his heart to know she trusted him with her heart, and he would rather suffer the Crutiatus Curse than let her down. "I will guard you heart with my life," he said solemnly, his eyes shining with adoration as they met hers. But what she said next made his smile vanish. For several moments, all he could do was stare at her in disbelief. "W-what?" he finally stammered.

The reality of what was said sank in; his hands balled into fists, and his eyes flashed like bluebell flames, the way they always did when he was angry. "I hope I never meet that- that... him!" He couldn't call Rose's ex a man because a real man would never hurt her like that, but the thing he wanted to call him was a term a gentleman should never use in a lady's presence. "I don't know what I would do if I did!" And that scared him. Normally Gaston was the kindest, most non-violent person you could ever hope to meet, but when someone he loved was hurt, he turned dangerous.

He turned away, clutching the sides of his desk so tight that his knuckles turned white as he trembled with rage. He couldn't understand how anyone could hurt someone as sweet and kind as Rosalyn! it reminded him a lot of his past romantic relationships. Only a few of his exes had been kind enough to break up with him before moving on to someone better; most of the time he had no idea they were unhappy with him until he saw them with other men. His heavy breathing soon gave away to sniffling, and tears welled in his bright blue eyes as he forced himself to look back at Rosalyn. "Oh, Rose, I am so sorry you went through that," he whispered, taking her hand i both of his own. "I've had my heart broken so many times, been used and cheated on... I wouldn't wish it on anyone, least of all someone as wonderful as you." He sighed. "i wish I could go back in time and stop him from breaking your heart..." Most men would see the ex's loss as his gain, but Gaston would rather Rose never been hurt, even if it meant they never crossed paths.

Phantom's loud meowing distracted Gaston suddenly; he gave the cat a reprimanding look but laughed along with Rose. "Maybe she just needs some time to get used to you," he said, rubbing the cat's tummy. The little Persian wrapped her front paws around Gaston's arm, purring so loudly she sounded like a motorboat. An idea occurred to him, and he aimed his wand at the top drawer of his desk. "Here, give her this," he said, levitating a small gold fish plush toward Rose. "She'll be too distracted by her new toy to scratch or bite you."

He couldn't help but smile at Rose's curiosity. "Beaubatons is much warmer and brighter than Hogwarts," he said. "The school itself used to be a palace. Meals there are quite a formal affair, and they hold the most amazing Christmas parties. There's also a ball every year for the graduating class - of course you can imagine what a disaster mine was!" He chuckled halfheartedly, running a hand through his hair. "I accidentally ripped my date's dress, so she slapped me in the face and left with someone else. It was only after that that I learned she only dated me so I'd help her pass her Charms NEWT..." Why was he telling Rose all this?

"I almost didn't," Gaston replied when Rose asked why he decided to come to Hogwarts. "I knew I'd miss my home and my family, and I've never been very good at making new friends... but Professor Evremonde - he was my old Charms professor - encouraged me to take the job. He had so much faith in me, I couldn't let him down..." He nodded politely at her comments about Durmstrang; it didn't sound like the kind of place he'd want to be but he didn't want to hurt Rose's feelings by offering his opinion. The subject changed to his album, and he was glad when Rose said she'd be okay listening to it. He was worried about that, though he didn't know why; he already knew she was much stronger than him! "I promise no more sad songs on the next album," he said with a smile.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...