Thread: Law Enforcement: Training Room
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
He did, in fact, and Angelo stopped in his tracks, turning his head slightly side to side. He took a few steps back, and found the effect ended. Interesting. Was there a certain perimeter where a muffliato spell applied then? That WOULD protect against the banshee....

What was causing it? Where was the anchor? And the fog seemed to lessen, the more his ears filled with buzzing. Wand out, Angelo held one hand up to indicate that Evie should stop moving for a moment, and he took several paces around, taking note of where fog and muffliato each seemed to be strongest. After a few minutes of this he returned to Evangeline's side, took her hand, and tugged her slightly Eastward (for lack of a better term, taking their entry point as 'South'), until they were in thick fog again, but no buzzing, so he could talk. He did so, keeping his voice low. Who knew if the banshee, which was quiet for the moment, was trying to track them or not?

"Its vision or sound. We have to pick which sense to go without, it seems. But wherever the muffliato is strongest, the fog is weakest. Assuming there's more than one muffliato'd area, I'd hazard a guess that they are meant as 'safe zones' from the Banshee, but we have to keep going through the fog to get to the way out." Which begged the question, was this 'forest' bespelled to effect any of their other senses? Vision... sound.... direction.... there could be more.

"Do you suppose its just a banshee we're supposed to avoid? Or would you hazard there's something else, potentially?" If they ran into it, he had his wand ready to silence it. He wasn't stupid enough to try and destroy it. There'd be too much paperwork for that, and he didn't much want to work with the spirit division to try and excuse himself. This was probably a lesson too: to be able to respond in a way that would cause as little permanent harm to potential suspects as possible and yet still effectively protect yourself and others.

But yes, if she could figure out how to get them out, he'd keep them safe along the way. Angelo had her back, after all.
Catching Angelo's signal, Evangeline stopped right where she was and watched him curiously to see what he was up to. She caught on, however, before he returned to her. She had a good guess, at least. When he took her hand, Evangeline walked with him back into the fog and the buzzing in her ears disappeared as he began to explain a theory. Sight or sound. It was clever, really.

"My guess is that the banshee is meant to scare us. Whether it's a test or not, we have to get through the fog to finish. For the test or for safety, perhaps we should muffliato ourselves the entire way?" They would stay close the entire time, perhaps not letting go of each other's hand so as not to lose one another, especially in the fog. Evie was confident that they could work through the course without hearing... maybe.

"That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there were another obstacle on the way." Maybe just one more.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise