View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston held Rose a little tighter as she leaned into him. He still wasn't used to hearing all these compliments, but every kind word just made him fall in love with her even more. "You deserve nothing less," he whispered. Did she have any idea how much she meant to him? "Oh, Rose, I wouldn't be standing here right now if it weren't for you. Last term I was so alone and scared that I almost resigned mid-year, but you gave me a reason to stay and..." His voice trailed off as his roiling emotions outran his words, so he kissed her instead.

Gaston's mind wandered back to those sad days last term when he thought he could never win Rose's heart, but he was quickly distracted by his cat. He chickled a little at Rose's words. "Honestly, I think she knew I had feelings for you, and that little jaunt was just her way of trying to keep us apart!" he said, though he was only half joking. Phantom had an uncanny ability to pick up on his emotions! "It's nothing personal," he added, "She dislikes everybody she thinks is taking up too much of my attention." He was still petting Phantom when Rose scolded her, and he laughed out loud. "Well, she does have a point," he said, and the cat just glared at him in reply as if she understood what he was saying.

Gaston smiled as he turned his attention back to Rose. He was glad to have made Mr. Finch happy, but there were other things on his mind right now. "Cream or sugar?" he offered as he handed her a mug of coffee. "Sorry about the mugs; they were the only matched set I could find." He shrugged sheepishly. He'd been alone for so long that he never had much use for more than one mug with the same design! His hand went to the other surprise he had for Rose tucked into his jacket pocket, a copy of his band's new album, but now he wasn't sure whether or not he should give it to her. Most of the songs on it were written when he thought he'd scared her away, and he didn't want to make her sad by reminding her of that! "I had another surprise for you, but..." He started to take the cd out of his pocket but replaced it instead. "Never mind."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...