View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 07:41 PM

Post Richard Harris's son Jared comments on 'Fantastic Beasts' Dumbledore casting rumors

Actor Jared Harris, son of the late Richard Harris (Professor Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter movies) recently commented on the fan campaigns currently running to have the British actor take on the role of the younger Dumbledore in the Fantastic Beasts series.

Harris, during promotion of his upcoming movie Allied, noted that he has not heard anything from the production or casting teams of the film, and didn't think the fan campaigns had much clout with final decisions.

Quote:
Jared Harris: “[The filmmakers are] obviously thinking about it. I haven’t heard anything and I don’t expect to. It’s not up to me.”

“Having seen [fan campaigns] before I find that [film bosses] don’t like to have their hands forced. These campaigns almost always go in a different direction.”
Young Albus Dumbledore is set to be cast for the second Fantastic Beasts and rest of the series, but has not been confirmed yet. Those who will return for the sequel include Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them stars Eddie Redmayne, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Katherine Waterston, Ezra Miller, Johnny Depp, and Zoe Kravitz.

For everyone who wants a breakdown of the first movie, just order J.K. Rowling's screenplay for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Just one thing to note - this is NOT the original script that Rowling wrote and what the cast and crew used for filming, but one that aligns with the final cut of the movie out now. This means that there are no deleted scenes featured in this script, just everything that was already on screen.

Read SnitchSeeker's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them set visit reports right here, including about the great things the cast said about Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, and how 1926-era New York City came to life.

Fandango - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Tickets