Thread: The Tapestry
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 02:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
Kitty shrugged when she asked why she wanted to be a reporter. "Because I love taking pictures of people and things, and reporters get to travel loads," she answered. "And there's a difference between journalists and reporters. Reporters DO talk into the telly, but they also go around and interview people and stuff. You might be confused with journalists, journalists are the ones that talk a lot. My mom's a journalist." That last part she added almost like an afterthought. She regarded Dora curiously when she mentioned Merpeople and goblins. "Oh? That's interesting. Speak to me in Merpeople, please." It wasn't a challenge, she was genuinely curious.

She allowed Dora to guide her to the kitchens. "Once the Tapestry was enchanted to stun anyone who came near to discovering its secret: that there was a secret passage behind it hiding the Book of Mysteria..."
"Journalists interview people too," Dora said with great conviction. This PREFECT was mistaken! "My Mum was a writer before she passed. She was a journalist for Witch Weekly, The Daily Prophet, and later wrote independently before she died. Journalists ask the questions and WRITE the pieces... where reporters SPEAK to the public. They do the interviews and such, as well. Just one WRITES, and the other SPEAKS."

Huge difference.

And like... having MANY family members who were active in MANY facets of the current Wizarding World she knew more than a little bit about the goings on and who was who... and who did WHAT.