View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
kayquilz
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Extra Credit Opportunity

IC INFO:
In one of our recent lessons, we looked closely at Rosa Igniferas and Floo Flowers. At the end of this lesson, I asked you all pick any plant in any of the Greenhouses (one of you picked the Whomping Willow >.> Come talk to me). I would like you all to pick one or both of our fiery flowers and...cross breed it with whatever plant you chose at the end of the lesson.

As we went over in class, Floo Flowers pollinate using their ash. Fire Roses pollinate with their smoke. All one has to do is place their plant near one of those and it will be pollinated accordingly. For the rest of term, I would like you all to monitor the plant you will be crossbreeding with one or both of the flowers. Will it take on fiery properties? Will flowers grow from the plant? Will the plant smolder in the sunlight, or enflame slightly? The possibilities are endless, positively endless!

So, for the rest of term, I would like you to keep a journal. WEEKLY I want a written entry about the development of your plant, what physical qualities you see in it, how it's starting to respond to things like water and sunlight, etc. In ADDITION to the written entry, I would like a drawn picture with each entry as your plant develops with labels on the different parts. When you label the parts, I want to know that you recognize WHICH PLANT this physical quality comes from, so include that in your labeling.

At the end of the term, your journals are due outside my office. Have fun with this, and be safe. If anything with your plant starts to become..weird of oddly of concern, come talk to me. If you are confused, come talk to me. This is a large chunk of work, I am aware, but it IS extra credit, so if you cannot handle it, do not take it on, dear students. At the end, give your new plant a name!

OOC:
So the assignment above is BASICALLY what the extra credit for you all is, with a few changes, lol.

Firstly, there are a few different assignments to choose from:
  1. FOUR multi-paragraph entries that include lots of VIVID details about the plant. Be creative, include as many details as possible, physically and also the demeanor of the plant as well. Is it droopy? Has it changed colors? How is it reacting to water, how is it reacting to sunlight and shade? Does it need a large amount of nutrients or is it okay without them? Since this plant is kind of your character's creation, be creative about what it looks like/the other attributes about the plant. Even if students combine the same plants, they probably won't look or act exactly alike, since this kind of crossbreeding is very unpredictable and more for fun.

2. FOUR detailed drawings of the cross-bred plant in the four stages. As Paul wanted his students to do, I would like labels of all the parts of the plant and which physical attributes go with which plant. Does your cross have ashy petals? Or sprouted thorns? Or maybe your mandrake coughs ash now--THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS PLEASE BE CREATIVE HERE. Colored or non-colored pictures both allowed. Hand-drawn or computer drawn pictures allowed. I'll even accept some...graphic-y smushing together pictures of plants too, if anyone can figure out who to do that xD

To make it easier on you guys and so that you can do the four posts/pictures not all at once, but at your own pace, and I will make a thread for you to post in. Your four things are due by December 1st, and if you don't have a chance to do all four, I'll give you points for what you have posted thus far on that date. I will lock the thread on December 1st. Only post ONCE in the thread, and keep editing your post when you add in either a drawing or an entry under the spoiler tags. If your character did not attend the lesson, this is FINE you can still do the extra credit. Just pick a plant from the greenhouse to combine with either Floo Flowers or Fire Roses. Talk to me if you are unsure of what's going on and want to participate and don't feel like stalking.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin