Thread: BoG Board Room
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mohamed Sahnoun
Supreme Mugwump
Former Headmaster
Puffskein

Graduated
x10 x8

The man listened to each board member with his fullest attention. His face remained expressionless, though his head did nod from time to time. Sahnoun agreed with them. Having a wedding wasn't a problem, but the poltergeists' behaviour continuing was. There were no laws preventing Peeves and Miffy from being bound together in holy matrimony; however, there were things that they could do to prevent the polter-chaos from escalating further. That was why they were all here today: to figure out what to do about those two. If a wedding was to be an incentive, then so be it.

"I myself am not sure of why da two want a wedding or why a handful of ghosts saying 'no' to dem was da factor dat prevented dem from doing so. Perhaps dey just want to be treated like everyone else? Dey already are da centre of attention, so I believe dat deir feelings for each other must be genuine. But I could be wrong. Poltergeists, at times, are so ... unpredictable." The headmaster thought, reflecting more to himself out loud than anything. "Nonetheless, it appears dat we all agree dat a marriage is not a preposterous idea. The two will have our blessing to be united as one.

"But it is da potential aftermath of permitting dis dat is, clearly, a concern for us all. We can tell da two poltergeists dat dey can have deir ceremony on da condition dat deir behaviour comes to an end. Da past has shown, from what I understand, dat the words of a poltergeist are to be taken with a grain of salt as dey are creatures of chaos," he stated, the latest comment directed more toward Atticus. "We must make our conditions very clear to dem: student lives are not to be put in danger by deir hand again and dere needs to be a better effort to control deir behaviour, otherwise dere will be consequences."

Brown eyes blinked as he looked at each of the members. Again, his head nodded. This all sounded more than fair to him. Althea's words did sound quite fair to him, though he could tell by Carter's look that he thought they were a little extreme. "It might be wise of us, should they not hold up their end of the bargain, to contain Miffy for a period of time. Dat should be a suitable consequence for da two, and it would be much simpler den having to move an entire student body elsewhere. Dough da latter could be used as a last resort." The man hoped it would never come to that. As troublesome as a pair of poltergeists could be, they were will a significant part of the school's history.

Corin's comment made Mohamed's eyebrow raise. Hogwarts as a hotspot for poltergeists to get whatever they want if they caused enough trouble? The old African folded his hands and rested his chin on them in deep thought. That was a valid question. "I have never heard of poltergeists being able to reproduce, as they are formed by chaos and feed on it. However, you do raise a good point about other poltergeists showing up and causing a riff. Perhaps we could have da same consequences should any appear: containment or, as a last resort, expell dem."