Thread: Food Buffet
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Claudette bypassed the check-in desk and picked up her gift bag wishing that Luc hadn't deserted her at the entrance doors to do something auror-related for his new department head. It was no use pouting over it since he'd promised her find her as soon as he was done, but it was hard not to.

Free to do what she wanted the blond made her way towards the food buffet in her new dress and heels. It was usually best to check out the food early since the juicy bits tended to disappear first. Stopping next to a ginger haired woman with shockingly high heels accompanying a short dress she commented quietly. "I hope you don't plan on wearing those gorgeous killer heels to work? I'd have gotten sore feet after just an hour." Gesturing to the plates Claudette asked "Could you please pass me a plate?" since they were beside her and all?
Hearing an unfamiliar voice in close proximity to her, Chloe glanced up and saw a familiar blond head next to her. She didn't know the other woman, but she HAD seen her before, if nothing else but at least at the last orientation thing.

"I've been wearing heels since, I've been employed here. I think my feet have grown accustomed to them. Though these are reserved for special occasions, my work ones are a bit lower." You know, like two to three inches, instead of five. She bit her lip, leaning in cautiously, "Just hope my father doesn't see. I don't live in his house anymore, but he still doesn't think I should be wearing such grown up heels." Something about her still being his little girl or whatnot. Which was weird cause she was like twenty now. Almost the age HE was, when he found out he was going to be a father.

Taking a plate, she passed it kindly to the girl. "Here you are. So how long you been working for the ministry?" Because she was still under the assumption she'd seen the girl last year, so obviously she wasn't new, but just how long, Chloe was unsure.

SPOILER!!: Archer and Boss lady and Maddox too. Just cause like former student feels and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nc.Ap. View Post
The only thing that Archer could hope for with this year's Orientation would be that he made a better impression on his boss this time 'round. Seeing as he had ditched his jeans and, in his opinion, looked like an old fogie, but a respectable fogie nonetheless.

Having already singed his name at the door and gotten his goodie-bag-thing, Archer promptly made his way towards the Buffet, discreetly disposing of said bag-thing along the way. The line was still relatively empty, only occupied by some blond woman, a big-looking dude and . . . a fairly beautiful-looking Chloe.

Smiling slightly at her from across the floor, Archer inclined his head towards her before stepping towards the actual buffet, right behind an obviously pregnant woman and her husband.

At least the food looked decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Lynley looked her best. She had really tried to look her best, and she was doing a lot better recently. It had been a rough few months before Christmas. Therapy...and...the impending adoption had Miss Purcell in high spirits, though. Her department had probably caught on to her....less than usual moody self in the past few months. But she seemed normal, now. Or, almost.

For she stepped beside Archer, her employee, and hooked arms with him. "Good evening, Archer. You look dashing tonight. I'm very proud of you, boy," she said with an affectionate smirk. "Finally you learned how to dress. I'm so proud," And with that, she started towards the food. "What are you having tonight? Have you seen Chloe?" she smirked even more, for she wondered if Archer knew Chloe had been promoted yet. And she couldn't wait for him to find out MERELY for the look on his adorable little face.

He would be so pleased, wouldn't he?

Nearby - well it was the other end of the food table, Chloe spotted someone smiling at her. Someone who was looking rather dashing and mature tonight, without her prodding or transfiguring any of his clothes, which was impressive. It seemed grown men could be taught. She gave a small smile back, but looked quickly away so he couldn't catch her in a potential flush, just as their boss approached him.

Hmm, Lynley hadn't seen her and for a fleeting moment, Chloe was grateful because it would give her cheeks a chance to cool down. Curse her and her porcelain skin. And curse Archer for looking way too dashing for his own good.

Also, speaking of dashing men, she heard an all too familiar crunch of an apple, to which Chloe glanced back at the trio only to catch a glimpse of her former Charms Professor... uh what was HE doing here? Was he employed by the Ministry now too? Truthfully she hadn't heard he even left Hogwarts, so she was slightly surprised by that, but not so surprised he was still crunching apples. She wondered if he would recognize her; it had been only a couple of years.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.