Thread: BoG Board Room
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

"I'm not sure why exactly the poltergeists allowed for anyone to refuse them in the first instance, since it boils down to opinion only." Althea began. "If they really want to apply a human tradition to themselves, they simply could do so symbolically, though they won't have any legal rights in the sense the living do. It seems to me that this is more about wanting to cause a scene, and being the centre of attention than it is about truly wanting to be together, or else why let anyone else, spirit or being, dictate the terms on which they are united?" Nothing would have stopped her from getting married, so she thought it ridiculous, generally speaking. "There are no laws relating to poltergeists as far as marriage goes," And really, how does one create laws regarding chaos spirits that literally can't be stopped in any case? "And nothing that outright says they can't do as they please in that regard. So I say we allow it."

Though, the wedding part wasn't the most important part in her eyes, it was ensuring that the children were not put in danger from the poltergeists. And they COULD hold them to it, she nodded at Atticus and continued speaking, offering both a more simplistic solution and a more extreme (but undeniably effective) one.

"However, while we can't easily banish Peeves given his longevity here, there are ways we could see to Miffy being removed, or at least contained in ways that I am sure she would find unpleasant. If Peeves is truly...." It was a poltergeist, so again, she thought it ridiculous, "In love with Miffy, then that ought to be threat enough for the both of them. Not in regard to the marriage situation, but in general when it comes to putting the children in danger. Of course, as chaos spirits they feed off the emotions of adolescents and that is essentially why they are here-- at the extreme level, we could absolutely threaten that next term, Hogwarts will be temporarily closed, and the children all will move elsewhere for as long as it takes. A term or two would be enough for both of them to cease to exist completely, so they had better play ball."

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you