Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Becky
Hufflepuff

DMC & DIMC
ICW Ambassador
SS 100 Triumphant
Veela

Ministry RPG Name:
Becca Yenorin

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Stuart Taylor
International Cooperation
Liz's Bestie ● Helvetica ● ● Jigglypuff ● Jeff Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Ryden leaned forward as Charles spoke, obviously interested with what he was saying. “I agree, 101% Mr. Taylor. It also helps if you learn other people’s customs.” He was privileged enough to work under a supervisor before who literally covered all the bases. His old boss was the sensitive kind of diplomat, making sure all of his guests are comfortable. “We live in Japan, yes. I married a lovely Japanese woman, and she chose to stay there. My two sons were brought up there too.” He said as he adjusted his tie. “I had no choice but to learn their language and customs as well. Totally different from here.” He said nodding to himself, a pleasant grin on his face. “Oh, thank you sir. He is doing well now, thank Merlin.” He added shaking his head. “My years spent in Hogwarts had been eventful, but not as accident prone as it is today.” He added. “Peeves…apparently has a girlfriend now. Took him a while, to be honest.” He said, giving an exasperated sigh. Just…what is going on in his Alma Mater now, eh?

Shifting in his seat, Ryden reached out for his goblet again to moisten his dry throat. Gidyun Yenorin is now the Head for Magical Law Enforcement? “MLE? Oh wow. Tough man.” He said nodding his head enthusiastically. “Well, MLE is in good hands now. I’m sure Gid is more than capable.” He said, smiling at the thought of Gidyun wearing an Auror’s suit. Not bad at all!

“Erec Delacroix.” Ryden repeated with an impeccable French accent. “A French man, I suppose?” Well, he could be half-French for all they know. “Wouldn’t want to be late in his future meetings. I know the French hates tardiness.” Thankfully, Ryden is never late in important meetings. The Japanese has taught him that being early is a sign of respect. Bless them, really.
It was nice to see that the younger generation these days were interested in learning and understanding other cultures. Few of the people in his own age group were that interested in other people. Thank Merlin the world was moving on from ignorance. "Oh, most definitely. I think the only way to grow as a person is by learning from all cultures and using the best from all of those." The laid back approach to life of the Australians, the work ethic and hardiness of the Asian continent, the endurance of the African countries, the general concern for the world and rules of Europe, the consumerism of North America, the ingenuity and general enjoyment of life from South America and the ability to be comfortable with one's own company that you get from visiting Antarctica. If only more people did that, the world would be a better place.

"Oh, how lovely!" It would be amazing to live in Japan. "I'm very pleased for you. How long have you been married?" Uh... was that getting too personal? "Their language is delightful. The dedication it takes to fit in their way of life says a lot about a person." Maybe Ryden was more committed than Charles had originally pegged him to be. "I think maybe everyone has their own adventures at Hogwarts. Some are more dangerous than others." Wait, did he say Peeves? "Are you talking about that confounding poltergeist?" Charles asked, frowning. Who would willingly attach themselves to that mischievous miscreant?

"Yes, MLE." He'd heard right. "I know Gidyun is capable. His wife used to be Head Auror, then Department Head of MLE in Italy and she isn't afraid to remind him of that. For someone to marry a woman like that, they must have thick skin and a penchant for the dangerous." Merlin knew that Charles stayed away from the woman if he could.

After nodding once again to confirm that Ryden had heard him correctly, Charles shrugged at the sort of question. "I'm not sure. I haven't met him, but the name sounds very French." To be honest, Charles hoped Ryden wouldn't be late to ANYONE'S meetings. "I find most cultures dislike not being punctual. I always aim to be the first in the room." Yeah, maybe Ryden should try to do that more? "I take some work with me so I am not wasting time, but focus once the meeting starts."

But tomorrow is ours to win or lose.