Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 02:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Hi, Ali! :3 *mentions Erec too*
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
"I have been working, if that's what you call learning a new language." Charles nodded. "I always try to keep learning new languages and adding to my repertoire. It is a very useful skill for one in a position such as myself." The more languages he knew, the easier it was for him to do his job. He was about to say he assumed Ryden had been spending time with family, but the young man beat him to it and confirmed that anyway. "Oh, that is lovely! Do they live in Japan or did you all just go on holiday there?" Japan was gorgeous. It was polluted like crazy, but so advanced that it was enthralling. "Oh, I do hope your son is okay. It's not nice having an injury and needing that recovery time... especially when it lands on your holidays." Siiiigh.

Gidyun? Oh, the things Charles had heard. "I heard that he moved to Law Enforcement as the department head." Meh. It was probably more exciting than Magical Cooperation. "Our new head... all I got was a name." Charles pulled a note from his inside pocket and checked it once again. "Erec Delacroix." He recited with just a hint of a French accent to the name. It sounded French. Right?
Ryden leaned forward as Charles spoke, obviously interested with what he was saying. “I agree, 101% Mr. Taylor. It also helps if you learn other people’s customs.” He was privileged enough to work under a supervisor before who literally covered all the bases. His old boss was the sensitive kind of diplomat, making sure all of his guests are comfortable. “We live in Japan, yes. I married a lovely Japanese woman, and she chose to stay there. My two sons were brought up there too.” He said as he adjusted his tie. “I had no choice but to learn their language and customs as well. Totally different from here.” He said nodding to himself, a pleasant grin on his face. “Oh, thank you sir. He is doing well now, thank Merlin.” He added shaking his head. “My years spent in Hogwarts had been eventful, but not as accident prone as it is today.” He added. “Peeves…apparently has a girlfriend now. Took him a while, to be honest.” He said, giving an exasperated sigh. Just…what is going on in his Alma Mater now, eh?

Shifting in his seat, Ryden reached out for his goblet again to moisten his dry throat. Gidyun Yenorin is now the Head for Magical Law Enforcement? “MLE? Oh wow. Tough man.” He said nodding his head enthusiastically. “Well, MLE is in good hands now. I’m sure Gid is more than capable.” He said, smiling at the thought of Gidyun wearing an Auror’s suit. Not bad at all!

“Erec Delacroix.” Ryden repeated with an impeccable French accent. “A French man, I suppose?” Well, he could be half-French for all they know. “Wouldn’t want to be late in his future meetings. I know the French hates tardiness.” Thankfully, Ryden is never late in important meetings. The Japanese has taught him that being early is a sign of respect. Bless them, really.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.

Last edited by Stefan; 10-18-2016 at 08:45 AM.