Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Becky
Hufflepuff

DMC & DIMC
ICW Ambassador
SS 100 Triumphant
Veela

Ministry RPG Name:
Becca Yenorin

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Stuart Taylor
International Cooperation
Liz's Bestie ● Helvetica ● ● Jigglypuff ● Jeff Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
His first two years in the Ministry seemed to have passed way too quickly as he found himself more comfortable in their annual Ministry Orientation shindig. Not that Ryden lacked confidence, but the very idea of working for the government still gave him the chills. The new work year seemed to be a promising one, as it always have been, with the exception of Gidyun no longer in their Department to lead them.

Still, Ryden remained positive and optimistic about the new year, especially now that he’s been promoted to a position he once dreamed of. The newly-minted consul confidently entered the hall and opted to take a seat first, rather than make a beeline for the buffet table. It was never a good idea for him to take in food right after international apparition. Merlin, he really should’ve just booked a plane. Spotting a familiar face, Ryden pulled out the chair next to the man and gave him a pleasant smile. “Hello, Mister Taylor.” Ryden has probably been under numerous supervisors, and none of them were like Charles. He was a very quiet...but efficient man; truly impressive. “I trust you had a good holiday? Rather short, isn’t it?” Because really, if Ryden had it his way, he’d take an extra week off to be with his family in Japan.
The scrape of the chair next to him brought Charles out of his headspace. Or happy place. Whatever you chose to call it. His brown eyes turned to the man who was known to him and Charles nodded to him. "Hello, Mr. Reed." Heh. He'd remembered! "I did, it was very productive, thank you. It was shorter than I believe the last few years holidays have been... yet the calendar assures me it's the same amount of time." Meh. He supposed time flew when you were learning a new language. "Did you have a good holiday?" He was sure Ryden had gone to a different country. "And a good journey?" He wasn't sure if he'd gone for the muggle way or managed to secure permission from Magical Transportation to leave the country via portkey or apparition.

But tomorrow is ours to win or lose.