Thread: Bed 2
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Joy Miller
Puffskein

Graduated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Dragging her feet a bit as she followed the Healer into the wing proper, Paige was trying her darndest not to make eye contact with Brian. Not that she really needed to to know that she was being low key judged by him. Perhaps not even low key, really, just the presence of concern in his eyes made it dull the full effect of the judgemental gaze. And when one was receiving a judgemental gaze from Brian Woods...it had an effect similar to that of a basilisk.

At least to her, but Paige was a sensitive soul.

Biting her lip and chewing apprehensively, the seventh year pulled herself up on the bed and allowed her feet to dangle off the edge. "Discomfort....yes, just a little...like...when your skin is being pulled taught...or pinched between a clothes pin..." she admitted a bit shyly. "But no pain."
A bright smile was always on Joy's face. She knew that not many people enjoyed coming to the hospital wing no matter what their age was or their reason. That's why she always met them with a small and a friendly attitude. Even those that were snippy, rude or just down right bratty and didn't deserve her kindness, always got it. It was her job to always do everything in her power to make someone well again or at the very least the most comfortable as possible.

This went for allowing friends to join the person in the room if they liked. Just so no one got between the patient and herself keeping her from helping then there was no problem at all. Watching Paige sit herself down and Brian join her she smiled at them both. It was nice seeing such close friends. "Having no pain is good but I can certainly get you something for the discomfort as well as for the problem at hand here. I'll be right back my dear," she spoke softly turning to leave the two teens to get what she needed quickly.