Thread: The Portraits
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
SilverTiger

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
"Augustus Flume? Augustus?" Kitty called out as she walked past several portraits. She hadn't seen him in a long time and was really missing him. It seemed like ages ago that she had first befriended him in History of Magic. She really should have visited more often.

The Gothic prefect spotted another girl (Brooklyn, older than her) lurking nearby. There was no one else around and it looked like if she were looking for a portrait also. Or maybe she was looking for something else. Perhaps Kitty could assist her.

"Hey Brooklyn," Kitty called out cheerfully to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portraits View Post
A snoozing Augustus jerked his head out of the snooze he had been taking. "Hello? Is someone calling my name?'' the old man asked sleepily. Augustus yawned and stretched. He peered around. "Kitty Valentine! What a pleasant surprise!'' Augustus smiled and waved at her and at her friend.
Still watching her cat and generally just thinking, Brooklyn had found herself leaning against the wall, between a couple of the portraits. She hadn’t spoken, nor was she exactly planning on saying anything. Her questions were more of the type that she expected answers without the need to prod for them, and besides, she wasn’t the type to just go around advertising her presence. Yelling out and expecting a response. As such, she’d rinsed her gaze from the Bengal cat still chasing invisible things near the floor at the sound of someone walking up and calling out a name. She would have thought a prefect would know better than to go around calling out names randomly.

Plus, it seemed the girl was electing to act as if she knew her. “Hello,” she’d said dryly, glancing back down again to make sure Tywin hadn’t run off before she’d suddenly brought her blue eyes back up as another sleepy voice joined the conversation or lack of it.

Apparently being rude occasionally got people somewhere. She’d gotten up from her position against the wall, anyhow, and given the portrait a nod. She wouldn’t have expected being roused from sleep as a pleasant surprise, but then some people were strange. She wasn’t about to bother herself with questioning it.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero