View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Pucki
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year

SPOILER!!: Jace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Jace chuckled and ruffled his own head realizing how silly they actually were. “Well...I grew up learning two languages, although I’m more fluent in Japanese...I think?” the raven-haired boy shrugged, and grinned at the mention of Azura’s name. “She likes foreign languages. Did you know?” Remnants of their fourth floor balcony conversation came to mind. “I’m sure she enjoyed Australian short language too. It may well be a whole new language to us.” Right? The fact that they seem to talk in codes were downright entertaining and amusing.

Jace crossed his legs in front of him and nodded as Jasper made sound judgement with the use of the bokken and shinai. “That’s one of the reasons, yes. But we also use it to spar without armours. It’s to keep our focus on, and not blink an eye when we attack or get hit. Samurais were trained to be the bravest men to walk on Japanese soil.” Fascinating stuff, right? “Shinais are lighter, so we could do swifter attacks and to somehow mimic an actual katana...commonly known as the samurai sword.” Jace nodded enthusiastically and grinned at the other boy. “Do you play any sport? Quidditch?”

The somewhat snappy and quick reply from Jasper made Jace flinch a bit. Did he...say anything wrong? “Uhm...sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.” He said pushing the sketchbook back towards its owner.

The raven-haired boy nodded in understanding and realized that Australians don’t do festivals that much. Meanwhile in Japan, “We do have a lot of festivals. We call it ‘Matsuri’ in Japanese.” He said writing the Japanese characters in the air with his point finger. “Every city has their own unique festival, but we also celebrate big, nationwide ones like the Doll Festival, and the Hanami Matsuri. I’m sure you’ve heard of the Sakura? Cherry Blossom?” Jace was sure Jasper has heard of it...or at least has seen it in pictures. The Cherry Blossom Festival is famous all over the world! “I remember inviting Azura over to Japan at some point to view it. You should come with us! I’m sure my papa can arrange international side apparitions. He works for the International Cooperation back at the Ministry.” See? Jace and his dad have the right connections so it shouldn’t be that hard. Maybe their parents can go too? Jace’s parents would love to meet the adults as well.

"I'd love to be able to speak another language... but English confuses me enough," Jasper joked, an amused smile on his face. Considering it seemed he couldn't even speak English properly yet, maybe he'd work on that a bit first! "I remember that... I think when I met her the first thing she commented on was my accent..." he tilted his head to the side, trying to think of their first meeting.

The main thing he remembered was the clumsy girl knocking him over before he'd been amazed by the colour of her eyes. They were incredible.

Nodding, Jasper listened intently to Jace's explanation, managing to keep up with the explanation even if he wasn't going to remember the names of things. Then sport came up, particularly Quidditch. Jasper smiled sheepishly, "I don't like flying," in fact he was absolutely terrified of being on a broom. "I used to swim competitively though... and my sister and I both play cricket occasionally."

Cricket was a necessary part of Australian culture, whether you enjoyed it or not.

Guilt shot through him, noting how Jace had flinched. Between that and the further heat rushing to his cheeks at the subject of his drawing, he averted his eyes to the ground. Carefully accepting the sketchbook, he shook his head at Jace's apology. "No... no... sorry I just... yeah... I don't exactly know who it is yet and it's been bothering me, but I'll work it out when I get further into the drawing maybe. Probably. It's just I'm only at the eyes-" he finally shut his mouth noticing he was rambling out the lie too obviously. Jace was astute, he'd notice immediately.

"Yeah I know of the Cherry Blossom festival... I've seen a few photos of it as well," the others were unfamiliar to him. The idea of being able to go to Japan with Jace and Azura and see one of these festivals though, that sounded amazing. Grinning at the Japanese boy he nodded. "That'd be incredible!"

Though maybe he'd take a plane...

Planes were nice.