View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pucki
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Shera Ben-Ari
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
He was…relaxing? Jace somehow didn’t buy the information seeing that he’s talking to a fellow Ravenclaw. Who knows? Maybe doing homework was a form of relaxation, right? It took Jace a few moments to register that what Jasper was doing is not school related. This half-Japanese kid ought to chill.

“Oh…okay. G-gommenasai, Jasper-san.” He said bowing politely to the other boy sat on the chair. “S-sorry.” He said in English this time, giving him a sheepish smile and a good ruffling of his own hair.

And…knackered what?

His father may be British, but he isn’t accustomed to British English short language yet. “Knackered…” he repeated Jasper’s word and turned scarlet red when the other boy supplied its meaning for him. “Tired…yes! Tired.” He said nodding and sat on the floor, stretching his legs out and gave a long sigh. “I just got back from the Room of Requirements. I was practicing for my Kendo promotion.” It’s a long way to go, but Jace was determined to perfect his moves until next summer.

“What are you drawing?” he said curiously.
Why was he apologising? Jasper was a little confused especially because of the use of Japanese, tilting his head to the side as he looked at the other Ravenclaw. Still he gave Jace a smile, nodding slightly in response "No worries."

He didn't know why Jace had bowed, but he figured that was a cultural thing. Maybe the apology was also more cultural? Who knew?

Jasper flushed red as well, seeing how the other boy didn't understand him. One of his hands went to run through the slightly curly brown hair, offering a sheepish smile to the Japanese boy in front of him. "Sorry..." he really needed to pick up British slang, though Jasper did have an excuse. He'd spent his last year back in Australia, meaning he was certain both his accent and slang use had picked up again.

"Kendo?" Jasper blankly looked at Jace, wracking his brain. It sounded familiar. "That's the thing with the long wooden sticks, yeah?

He cringed. That sounded very... well... dumb. Hopefully Jace would understand.

When Jace redirected the attention to Jasper's sketchbook, the boy fought a blush that threatened to rise on his cheeks. "Uh... it's just... I don't know yet..." it was a lame attempt at a lie, his right hand moving to scratch the back of his head yet.

He handed the sketchbook over, figuring that the eyes wouldn't give themselves away yet.

Jasper was grateful that he hadn't gotten further in the sketch yet though, otherwise there were no doubts that Jace would've recognised the figure that was the subject of the sketch.