View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Callie

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
"Mmm... th-that too," he said. Though Art was usually pretty straight lined across the happiness spectrum, at least in his current life situation. He was happy, content. But he wasn't really high or low with emotions, but he realised that he was speaking with a teenage girl. And an Ravenclaw at that. "I'm glad you have an outlet, Miss Denaker." Everyone needed a good outlet. Art realised, though, that Potions was his outlet. At the death of his first wife, he buried himself in his lab for months. "Well if-if you would like some familar faces in the audience, perhaps you could owl me a pamphlet? My son loves plays! Perhaps we could watch?"

"Oh, excellent," Art remarked, impressed with Miss Denaker's progress already. He smiled at the young lady. "Absolutely! We have all year, how about.. how about we start with the potion with a longer brewing time. If something goes wrong, and it sometimes does even to me," he added, with a serious glance at Miss Denaker, to let her know that it wasn't something he was actually expecting to happen, but something he wanted to be aware of, "we can re-do it. Then.. we can get started on the animal one. We can get you in a safe place to transform, even a few times, really, so that there's little risk. How about that?" he asked. He jotted down the ideas, and Miss Denaker's progress with the Animagi stuff so far, into the folder he kept on some of his students. He had lots of things in there already, detailing what they had done in previous terms. Things they could both look back on if they forgot anything.
Hadley nodded. In some ways, Quidditch had been more therapeutic than therapy had been. In some ways. It was a good outlet for her. She loved being up in the air and she loved bashing the bludger with her bat. Hadley's face lit up. "Oh, I'd love that! I'll definitely owl you a pamphlet. And maybe I could owl you when my quidditch matches are, and you could come watch those too!" She didn't have much of a cheering section to be honest. The wizarding world was an awkward place for her muggle family. They tried though.

Hads nodded along with the professor. It was a good idea to start the long-brew potion first, especially with her track record. It was okay though, Professor, she wasn't offended. She knew how often she messed up and how disastrous her potions skills had been thus far. That was the whole point of her being here. To get better. "That sounds perfect, Professor. Shall we keep to our Thursday tutoring? Or would a different day work better for you?"