View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 09:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Paige
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Just please never inform this Hufflepuff of such favoritism, professor. It would likely fluster her into oblivion.

"Skeeter will do," she laughed. Mostly because she was positive she would forget to answer to the name Tonks. "Professor Myers had us dress up for his lesson as well...but I only did the hair then..." For purely selfish reasons that she was embarrassed to admit to, especially to a professor. "I promised Brian that I would put more effort in for his...I mean their...event. He ought to be along soon as Alastor Moody." They had considered coming together as Tonks and Lupin, mostly to poke fun - affectionately in her case at least - at people who constantly assumed that they were an item, but had decided against it ultimately. Moody was a bit more fitting anyway. "I admire her spunk and assertiveness, the actual Tonks I mean...and based on what the history texts have written about her." Her strength as well...it was something the seventh year aspired to as she tried to chip away at her timid shell. "Suppose...if I was going to go around pretending to be someone else for the day...I wanted it to be someone I wouldn't mind being like...or more like..."

Because Paige Samantha Skeeter would be the sort of person to put as much thought and existential theory into something as simple as a Halloween costume. Think...and then rambling on about it.

Oh? OH! The lightbulb went on in the seventh year's head and visible so by her outward expression. Paige wasn't terribly familiar with muggle things, growing up in a mostly pureblood environment until her mother had remarried a muggle - but her step brother was not the Disney loving type, so introduction to that had only come recently and only by overhearing certain Gryffindor girls. "Capitalizing on coincidence is plenty original, professor," she laughed. Although she had purposefully avoided her own, which was of no coincidence but a matter of bloodline. "I've only ever seen pictures from the textbook...but I believe I've spotted a few other characters from that film walking about...no doubt you'll be right in the thick of a musical spectacle in no time."

Still only on step one of her marigold, Paige had just removed her wand from its sunflower yellow holster to cut along the ends when the professor spoke to her again. "Oh, sure professor," she chirped. "It is actually quite simple...not as tricky as origami at least." Did that mean she needed to start from the beginning? Probably. "At least...this is the method I know with how to make them." There may have been other intentions but the supplies were here so she was rolling with it.

Unfolding her tissue papers and smoothing them out a bit, she looked back to the Charms professor. "Crisps folds," she nodded. "Accordion style." And she proceeded to refold her papers once again, which was incredibly easy considering the creases were so firmly present in the paper still. "Then we need to use one of the green pipe cleaners to wrap around the middle to hold it in place and act as the steam."

Gaston laughed along with the Hufflepuff girl when she said he didn't have to call her Tonks for the rest of the night. Not that he would've minded, of course... it was just easier this way. Oh, so Paul let the students wear their costumes in his class? Why was he not surprised?Granted, he still didn't know the Herbology professor very well, but he'd heard he had a flair for the dramatic (and for crazy costumes!)

"Well, you certainly did a nice job on your hair," he complimented the girl. He was impressed by her charmwork... and even more so by what she had to say about Nyphadora Tonks. He remembered borrowing many books about the Second Wizarding War from the library during his time at Beaubatons and being fascinated by people like Nymphadora Tonks and his own favorite historical figure, Hermione Granger-Weasley. Finding out that Tonks had been killed by her own aunt had been a rather traumatic experience for him, though; he was terrified of Bellatrix Lestrange when he was a boy! To this day, he still couldn't understand how families could turn on their own like that! "Well said, Miss Skeeter," he said. "I agree; Nyphadora Tonks was an amazing woman. I always felt sorry for her son, though. The poor child, losing both parents at such a young age!" He couldn't even begin to imagine what it was like to grow up without a mother and father!

The Charms professor's head bowed, sending a few strands of black hair that escaped his ponytail spilling into his eyes. This line of conversation was making him sad; he needed to find a distraction - and fast - before he spoiled everyone's fun! What was it with the Hufflepuffs and these touching tributes to the fallen? First the toast to Headmaster Botros at the start-of-term feast, and now Miss Skeeter's homage to an iconic historical figure. Did they get some sick enjoyment from tugging at his heart?!

The distraction he was hoping for happened when Miss Skeeter's expression changed suddenly, as if understanding had just dawned on her. So now she remembered who Gaston was! Or at least he assumed she did, judging from her expression. Maybe the longer sleeves on his costume had thrown her off... or maybe it was simply because his own personality was such a stark contrast to his Disney counterpart's. If he had a galleon for every time someone told him he wasn't much like the other Gaston... "Thank you, Miss Skeeter," he said. He still didn't think his costume idea was very original, but it was kind of her to say so!

Gaston's eyes scanned the room for other Beauty and the Beast characters. The girl was right! So far he'd already seen two Belles and a Beast - er, Prince. Now if only some students would show up as enchanted objects, they'd have the entire cast! The Hufflepuff's next words made him laugh out loud. "To be honest, I'm surprised I haven't already been in a musical spectacle," he said. So far this term, not one student had bothered him with that awful song. This was a new record! Well, he supposed it was only a matter of time now...

He paid close attention to Miss Skeeter's instructions, watching intently as she made the folds. He was determined to get it right this time! he grabbed a few more sheets of paper and slowly but surely folded them accordion-style, just the way she showed him, pressing down firmly after each fold. Once he'd finished folding, he grabbed a green pipe cleaner and carefully wound it around the center of the paper flower. There, that looked much better than his first couple of attempts... but he still wasn't sure if it was finsihed yet. "Is that it?" he asked. "Or are there more steps?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...