View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
OnceUponAStar
Hufflepuff
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashwin Phelan
Third Year
Jiminy Cricket!

SPOILER!!: The Professors
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

"Nothing major. Just a typical checkup, really. Hadn't done one in awhile, and it needed some major trimming." Just like people needed to trim their HAIR, it was quite similar for trees.

He chuckled. "Miffy appeared....a few terms ago? It actually caused quite a bit of chaos...she was trying to court Peeves, it seems. Exactly what Hogwarts needs, eh, a poltergeist couple." Who now..wanted to get married O__O Yeah, just what the school needed right now. MHMM. "Perhaps I will grace you with a place," he smirked. "But we'll see. It would be unfair to my other new colleagues, you know, Rosalyn."

He, too, saw his young badger, but Rosalyn had beaten him to saying hello! How rude! "My dear boy--you want it to rain?" he asked with a slight grin. "Why?" Paul liked any weather nature decided to place on him, but he wondered why anyone WISHED for rain. How intriguing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post

Ah, of course. Trees would need checkups in the same way that humans did. Rosalyn remembered lessons on tree and plant care from way back when she was a student. Obviously aggressive trees hadn't been covered... "So is there a special spell you use to freeze it? Or does a standard one work?" Excuse the questions, Paul. They kind of came with being a former Ravenclaw.

Hmm. So that explained a few things. The process of poltergeist creation wasn't lost on her and there WAS a lot of chaos at Hogwarts... Miffy's arrival made a lot of sense even if she wasn't thrilled about it. "Never in a million years did I think that PEEVES would get married."It was madness. Utter madness. What next? A bunch of polterbabies? There was a line when it came to things like this and it had been stomped on. Repeatedly. Rosalyn shook her head and then laughed at what he said next. "Well, even a small one would do. Or even something like a rose." They were beautiful and smelled lovely.

Rain would make things better? She looked up at the sky and saw that there were some clouds. "Looks like you might get your wish." Personally she was more than happy with a sunny day though she wouldn't say no to a little bit of rain either. "Does it rain a lot in Ireland?" Since she had never been there before, she had no idea. Maybe one day she would be able to see for herself.

Ashwin swallowed the lump in his throat. He never felt like he said the right thing and apparently, according to Professor Myers that was a very strange wish indeed. "Well, ay s'pose it brings life an' gives a sense o' home," he replied. "Or as Charlie Chaplin once say, 'Ay always like walkin' in da rain, so no one can see me cryin'." Not that Ashwin was crying or anything, he was just quoting a classic. He loved the old black and white movies from the 20th century, they had so much heart, expression and originality compared to what was out there today. It was his favorite muggle thing to do, was watch movies.

He then looked at the sky to see what Professor Newton was referencing. The clouds did look like they were stirring and a wide smile stretched across his face. "Ay do believe you're righ' miss, looks like some nimbus clouds are formin' now," he grinned. Why did he know so much about clouds and weather? Well, having a meteorologist for a father kind of stuck these thoughts into your mind. "It's no' too bad in Ireland, jus' depends on how da Atlantic ocean is actin'." Not very many people really asked him about Ireland, the accent was a dead giveaway, but he appreciated the little reminder of home. "What's best 'bout rain is there's always sunshine ta come afta. Like how William Henry Davies puts it, 'Ay hear leaves drinkin' rain; Ay hear rich leaves on top, Giving da poor beneath, Drop after drop; 'Tis a sweet noise ta hear, These green leaves drinkin' near. An' when da Sun comes out, After this Rain shall stop, A wondrous Light will fill, Each dark, round drop; I hope the Sun shines brigh'; 'Twill be a lovely sigh'. "

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence." - Vince Lombardi

I usually like to keep to myself. Hopefully, all that is about to change.