View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 05:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Art gave his student a small smile when she said she was better. Not great, though, but Art knew she would only get better from here. "No trouble at all," he said, and got himself up to pour her a cup of his new Gryffindor tea [Rooibos, vanilla, cocoa flakes and raspberry bits], as well as one for himself. He put it in front of her and sat back down in his chair.

He hadn't quite been expecting what came out of Miss Umbridge's mouth but he was touched. He smiled warmly and bowed his head for a few seconds. "O-oh n-no, it was what I wanted to do. Help, and m-make sure that-that you uhh... well, that you could jump back in when you were ready. And I'm very glad to see you back up and about. But.. well, of course you're welcome. How are you settling back in?" It had been, of course, his duty to ensure Miss Umbridge was well, and keeping up with studies as well as she could, but he didn't feel like it was him doing a duty. He did it because he cared deeply about all of his students, Miss Umbridge being no exception. He cared for her, and was delighted to see her back on her feet. "Y-you know, of course, I hope that-that you can come to me for any help. I, myself, have been through the Hogwarts curriculum of fourth year," he said with a little chuckle.
Oh. Wait. She had one rule. Well, more than one, really, but she was going to TRUST this man to tell her the truth. Just the once, though. Picking up the teacup she sniffed the tea first. "Is there any kind of potion in this tea? Will it cause me to shrink or change in any way. And yes, I have to ask." AS her Uncle Sabel would say, Constant Vigilance. And she was CERTAIN he had gotten that from someone else. Heh.

Shrugs. He got them now. She wasn't settling in too great, but that had nothing to do with her illness, more her own doing. It was okay. It would pass. Probably. Sure it would. Teen years were shaping up to be really tough, ya know. "I am going to be fine. And I really appreciate the offer, but I tend to figure things out on my own, you know. Gryffindor." Nuff said, right?

"Did you know my cousin is a potioneer? I can't remember if I told you that before. Anyway, she works with me anytime I am home from school. I really love potions work." ANd no, it wasn't her brown nosing or anything, it was just facts. And also her way of letting him know she was always looking for new potions to attempt.