View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Comments to Althea :D
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post

Its also combated by a reduction in employee turnover- when people are paid more and looked after they are more likely to remain in a role which can reduce employment and training costs, meaning more stability in the workforce. This is where it is particularly relevant to the Ministry, which is where we will begin any establishment and increase of a minimum wage, as a flagship, so to speak.
Nolan listened intently to everyone's answers, and smiled at Josephina and Willie's answers. Willie was very peppy and a lovely addition to the race in that regard - but she only focused on the dragon answer, which was surprising to him. Did she not have any ideas about the economy or climate change? Hmmm.

There was one thing that Althea had said that Nolan wanted to touch on, though. Once the other candidates had spoken, he cleared his throat. "If I may, Miss Scabior, comment on your notes about employee turnover. I agree that this is a waste of money and something that is continuously throwing our economy out of balance. However, I don't think wage alone can combat this. With the Department Heads alone we see a very high rate of turnover, and they're getting paid more than your average worker, so we cannot say just an increase in wage would be effective."

"This is where my idea to increase mental health support from St. Mungos comes into play. While wage is a big issue for many when deciding to leave their job, happiness is by far the most important factor. To truly stop employee turnover, we have to work to provide employees with more mental health resources to assure that they're not being consumed by their work and allowing it to affect their daily lives. We have to also work to increase efficiency, so that one person is not doing the work of ten and actually able to leave work on time and they can take that paid vacation time without feeling like they're letting their whole department down by taking some time off," he explained. This issue was very close to his heart - so he had quite a bit to say on it. "Work life balance is key to creating a happy, harmonious work environment. Yes, minimum wage will help, but if you can't use that money to create a stable home life or invest it in the things you love, what is the point?" he finished.

He finished by flashing a grin at Althea, to show once again that there were no hard feelings between them - even though he was sure she already knew that. This was a game and he had come to WIN.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid