View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
hermygirl
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriin View Post
Dora had been hurting so much lately, for so many different reasons, but this here... this thing with Sam, it hurt her more than she could ever admit. She had, much like Sam, perfected the cold shoulder and the innate ability to shut out people and things that sI'm shoulderwant to think about in a moment. Sam had managed to break down most of Dora's walls, but this one was apparently very well constructed.

"You're the one who went off... without me to begin with," she muttered before she even had time to think about what she was saying. Yes. Okay. YES. She was still mad about the summer holiday. M A D. Hurt. Sad. Feeling replaced. Her absence was... just perfect. It proved that not many people had even noticed her gone or cared enough to hunt her down. Of course, this did not extend to Sam, but the pain it caused was undeniable and had lent itself to reinforcing this wall she imagined was built all around her.

"That was insensitive of me, but I don't take it back. I know I haven't been easy to deal with, but you just don't understand." She couldn't. Could she? Probably not.
There was a fleeting moment of hope that things could be repaired when Dora didn't immediately pull away. But it was her muttered words that shattered that illusion all too quickly. They cut through Sam, and it showed in the dismay on her face.

"I don't know what I need to say...to do..." She sighed, dropping Dora's hand and pulling her bag up on to her shoulder more fully. "I've tried. I've tried so hard. Maybe if you let me get close enough then I would, but you down shut down on me everytime." She shook her head sadly. "I'm sorry. I made a decision. I didn't do it to hurt you...but I know in hindsight it did. And if you're gonna keep making me feel like street trash after building me up to so much more than that..." Then, she didn't want to say it...couldn't bear to verbalise her fears. So she didn't, not quite yet. "Then...I don't know what else to do."