View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
hermygirl
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriin View Post
Dora took the book with a sigh. She recognized a cold shoulder when she saw one. Hell, she was the MASTER at cold shouldering people. It just hurt that they had gotten to this point... a point of no return it seemed. "You're welcome."

"Yeah, all better. Thanks for asking," she said before turning to go to the shelf and put the book away. "Back to school and everything." Not that Sam seemed the least bit enthused by this, or anything. Dora was trying to push the angst and pain away, but it was starting to consume her even as they stood there.

"Well, you looked like you were busy. I will... just leave you to it," she said after some hesitation. She felt like... her friendship was over and wanted nothing more than to run away and go cry in Myrtle's loo.
This polite indifference; in so many ways she knew how they'd gotten to this point, and yet in so many others, she had no idea. She knew the distance it encompassed felt stifling though, and that in itself was foreign. Dora was one of the only people ever to know Sam for what she really was, and had done so since the very first time they met.

In many ways, Sam feared what she'd lost in their fight over the summer more than anything else. Regardless, she was reassured to hear Dora was better though, and Sam's lips curls upwards slightly. "I'm glad. Welcome back," she said quietly.

She started to grab her bag, but Dora's words halted her. "I'm not busy," the Ravenclaw answered, turning to catch Dora's hand in that moment of hesitation. The words surprised even Sam herself, breaking past the cold shoulder she'd inadvertently put forward. They just felt right to say then. "Don't go. Or, at least...don't go without me. Not again."