View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

As the questions began pouring in, Josephina had been listening to her fellow candidates and former colleagues speak first. Having worked with both Nolan and Althea, she knew firsthand that the both of them would make stellar ministers, and had she not been running herself, they definitely would have had her support and she'd have had a difficult time choosing. But she was running and she was not going to let two viable candidates deter her or knock her down. She was a strong candidate in her own right and though she would be diplomatic for now in letting them answer first, she listened politely before speaking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
The candidates were gathering on the stage, but Carrigan Howard lurked in the back of the growing crowd. It was important to be here, part of the whole political process, but maybe it wasn't so important for her to ask a question directly. Right? Standing at the back of the crowd was fine. Being present was the point.

It would help if people jumped in and started asking questions, though. Would make it feel less like Carrigan was shirking her duties as a citizen...

Fine. Just one easy question, then, since no one was even paying attention yet. Carrigan slipped to the front of the crowd and raised her hand. "Excuse me? I'm... Carrigan Howard, Department of Accidents and Catastrophes. Candidates often lay out their most important goals as the things they want to accomplish in the first thirty or sixty or one hundred days in office. What is your one hundred day plan if you get elected?"
First one, one of the department of accidents and catastrophes, where Seren's husband was the head of. "Ah yes, Ms Howard, the first hundred days of office. Excellent question." Which was roughly the first three months.

"As you all know, I'm educator at heart, so when elected, I do hope to continue that education path with initially opening the channels of communication between the ministry and the community. You can't have quality education without first knowing what the community wants and what the ministry wants. My first thirty days will therefore be spent mostly surveying the community and the ministry, finding out what is the current situation and taking detailed inventory into the current happenings.

My next thirty to forty days will then be spent formulating a plan of action for how I can improve the current situation."
Now that she had studied the happenings and planned what she would do... there was only one thing left. "And finally, I'll begin in my third month of office now that I've formulated a plan, of taking action and working toward a better, brighter Ministry. One where people can be proud to work for and enhancing our current system."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
The astronomer quickly took notice of his former colleague and bowed his head slightly towards her in greeting. Formalities and small talk would need to wait for another time as someone had finally gotten the ball rolling. Taking a file out of his enchanted breast pocket, Airey carefully leafed through it to revisit the platforms and promises of each candidate. There were a few things in particular, given his field, that were of especial interest to him.

"To add to Miss...." Er...what had her name been? ".........Ho-wa-rd's question..." Nailed it. "...I am particularly curious how candidates Scabior and Nairne seek to implement plans towards combating climate change during those initial 100 days."

Or was it perhaps more of a backseat platform to more pressing issues on their agenda?

The other candidates, as far as he had read, had not listed this particular issue on their biographies but were welcome to address it as well.
And Airey wasn't just here to listen; apparently he had questions for them too and specifically addressed herself and Althea about their platforms on climate change. Well that would make sense that he would be interested in that considering how climate change was involved with his line of study.

"Ah thank you, Mr Flamsteed for that question. Climate change is inevitable but I think we can all make an effort to minimize our impact on it by analyzing our daily activities and how much energy we use just by simple light fixture changes. Perhaps seeing if adjusting simply the lighting in the Ministry to something more, magical, can reduce our energy use."

"This goes hand in hand with advancing the wizarding transportation system because so much energy gets wasted on simple outdated transportation methods. We are capable, educated witches and wizards who should be able to get from one place to the next with use of minimal energy on both our part, but also electrical energy in the atmosphere."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
Kyroh was SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING!! He had never been able to witness a q&a sessions before and especially not when it came to who would be the next Minister of Magic. But MORE exciting than that was- LOOK at how professional his mum looked!

She looked like she could destroy everyone in her path with a nice curt smile and then go right back home and make him some delicious cookies. He shifted Jade off his back and he placed her in a chair before sitting down himself. His dad was here somewhere too but Kyroh wasn't sure exactly where. He couldn't focus on that anyways. Almost as soon as his mum had answered a question Kyroh raised his hand (did you raise your hand in these things? He wasn't sure).

"What are your thoughts on Dragons and possibly intergrading them more into the Wizarding community? Er- this question is for everyone. " The first year university student beamed.
WAIT. WAIT. Hold the phone.

Kyroh Scabior was an ADULT?! She'd taught the boy back when he was a first and second year and remembered him even before he started at Hogwarts when he was at school with his father.

And yet here he was, adult!Kyroh, standing before them and asking them such intelligent questions. Swallow your pride, Josephina, the brunette scolded herself mentally as she focused more on the question.

"Good question, Kyroh and I think that dragons should be integrated but also on the same token we need to protect them as a species as well. We have many skilled dragon tamers and I'm not saying we should all have dragons in our backyards, but perhaps having dragons be not ... hidden would be to our advantage. When properly tamed and with the right restrictions in place, dragons could definitely become an integral part of our world and even help to educate the wizarding community more on the species."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Iwin had been here the entire time, hands in his pockets as he watched and listened. Emmalee had the girls, which allowed him to come alone. He had thought about asking his Gran to attend with him, since all of this was her cup of tea as well, but she had been busy today.

He had read extensively on the candidates. He was informed. His eyes were set on Althea Scabior, just to be honest, but he didn't mind asking the other questions. Or listening. Just to be here and listen...was....well, he liked it. And thinking of the Ministry was no longer painful for him. Emmalee was a department head here, and he was actually very glad they hadn't done much along the lines of hanging out with coworkers. Thank Merlin for her separation of...work and home life, or whatever she used to say.

Because he didn't know anyone, and it was delightful.

But he finally had a question and he raised his hand slightly. "I see many of you have plans to increase the minimum wage-" he raised an eyebrow. "How do you plan on doing so--with what means?" As a rather wealthy fellow, he took interest in this issue. And to be honest, he was a bit on the fence in regards to whether he thought it should be done or not.
She didn't have plans to increase the minimum wage, because she wasn't convinced minimum wage was the issue. She did have plans to increase funding to various programs and incentives though, which she supposed was rather similar enough.

"I don't think a minimum wage increase is the issue. It's lack of higher paying jobs for well qualified individuals that is more of an issue. Which is where my platform comes into play on closing the income gap; I don't intend to do this by increasing minimum wage, because I think that would have a negative impact on the economy and small business. I do think that what we can do is provide educational resources to those of lower income status to help them achieve higher paying jobs. Educate people on entrepreneurship and research and sports programs. Help people learn and expand their skill set so they can find work that pays them more. Minimum wage jobs aren't meant to be living wage jobs, but they are a stepping stone to get people to a better place. And we need to educate the public more about that better place and what options they have. We need to create more higher paying jobs. Which we can do this by opening the channels of communication and working together toward a richer, more sustainable future. "

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.