View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 05:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Ariadne & Timmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Ariadne was NOT about to bother herself with some Gryffindor firstie. If he wanted to play innocent and pretend like he had no idea what she was talking about, well so be it. If he DID do that, though, she was just going to head on her merry way and not offer him the least bit of help at all. It didn't matter to her one way or the other, and she wasn't about to beg this kid to allow her to help him.

She was just about to tell him that, when out of the blue, one of the new professors showed up. Ariadne still had no idea who he was or what he taught. She hadn't even met him yet, truth be told. "Hello, Professor," she greeted. What a first impression--she was soaking wet with a charm gone wrong. She cringed as the blast of water found the professor and basically drenched his clothes. OUCH. At least her first impression wasn't as bad as the Gryffindor boy's would be. Unless...

...surely the professor didn't think SHE was involved in this mess!

Ariadne flicked her wand out her holster to try and cast the spell she'd been telling the younger boy to do all alone. The professor beat her to it, though. "It's his wand," Ariadne said, using her wand to point out the Gryffindor kid. "This one's mine." She gestured to her own wand held tightly in her hand. At least the boy had owned up to the fact that it was his wand and his spell. Gryffindors could be very annoying, but that move was a plus in his direction.

Wow. The professor was really nice! He was even showing the younger boy how to perform the spell. Ariadne took a moment to perform a drying spell on herself. "Anyone else?" she asked, offering to perform the spell on both the Gryffindor and the professor. She nodded when she was asked if she was okay. "I'm fine. Thanks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry174 View Post
Oh this Professor was nice and saying that the Slytherin Girl wasn't as bad as he thought she was going to be, anyway the spell was Finite or something like that, he could remember that. He then listened to the Professor as he spoke about charms was it and there being a practicing room.

"But Professor, I want to practice spell with my wand." Timmy wanted a spell room not a charms room. He took out a muggle charm bracelet from his pocket.

"I think I know how to make charms, a few of my friends got together to make them over the holiday, since we were splitting up and there were a group of us that did everything together." Timmy sighed as he thought about that. "But thanks for the offer of letting me create some charms in this practice room of yours."

He then looked at himself, he was the least wet of them all but it wouldn't hurt for help once in a while right. "Can you use the spell on me, with that magic stick of yours."

Gaston smiled at the Slytherin girl. He was glad she wasn't hurt by the rogue spell. It seemed she had things under control. She'd already thought to perform a drying spell on herself and was offering to perform the spell on him and Mr. Jones as well. Of course he could've done the spell himself, but he wanted to make sure the students were taken care of first. Still it was awfully kind of her to offer!

"Yes, please," he replied. He didn't have the heart to turn down the girl's offer. "Thank you, Miss Greingoth." He had a mind to award house points for her kindness, but was he allowed to do that? Give points just for being nice? He was still learning the ins and outs of the Hogwarts points system, but he decided to take a chance on it. After all he could always answer to the other staff later if he found out he wasn't supposed to give points for something like that. "Five points to Slytherin for your kindness!"

Now that that was taken care of, Gaston turned his attention back to Mr. Jones. It was taking every bit of self-control he had not to burst out laughing at the Gryffindor boy when he said he already knew how to make charms. Was he just playing dumb to get a rise out of him or did he really not know what a magical charm was? Either way, he had to turn his head and fake a coughing fit to cover the few giggles that he couldn't quite hold back. After all he wouldn't want to hurt the poor child's feelings by laughing at him!

Now he was sure this kid was muggle born! That sounded like a mistake he himself might've made when he was younger, though admittedly he never confused the Charms practice room with a room to make charm bracelets. The poor boy really had no idea how the wizarding world worked, did he? Well, no matter.... he could fill him in; after all teaching was his job!

As soon as Gaston could keep a straight face, he turned to the boy."That's a lovely charm bracelet, Mr. Jones, but that's not the kind of charm I meant," he said gently. "A charm is a type of spell; that water spell you just tried out is an example of a charm. So the Charms practice room is a safe place to practice spells." Did he understand now?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...