Thread: The Portraits
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Portraits
Always the Tone of Surprise
Streeler

Tell Them I'm Trapped in an Oil Painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCoeur View Post
The portraits.

Noelle tended to get some good information from them once or twice.... or a few several times. Okay, so she used them alot.

Now was another of the times.
Noelle made her way to the first floor after breaskfast. She needed to know a little more about some possible professors.

Tempted to say, mirror mirror on the wall, she faced some of the portraits. There werent too many people around. "My my! Look at all you bright and shiny faces!" Noelle started, already trying to brown nose. She wanted good information right? Of course, some portraits were looking a little dusty. ahem. "You all look very shiny! and so well kept! your frames are so beautiful today!" Okay... so she was laying it on thick. But she needed goooood information here.

Now.. just to wait for a response. See what kind of mood some portraits were in, so she could see which 'cards' to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post

As he rounded the corner, Dalton couldn't help but blink a few times. Just to make sure what he was seeing wasn't just some form of illusion. Of course, it wasn't until the girl mentioned 'frames' that he realised she was talking to the portraits.

Until then he'd been sure she was talking to thin air.

And now he wasn't sure exactly which was better. Yes, he knew the portraits spoke and moved, had noticed that over the past five years, but never had he witnessed someone trying to engage them in conversation. Most of the time he found them to be frightfully annoying and fairly presumptuous.

He cleared his throat loudly. "What are you doing?"
My my. What a loud voice. It seemed that way to old Augustus Flume. Even though he was rather old he did have an excellent sense of hearing.

"Hush, child. Why all the noise and sweet talk? Surely you're up to something.'' Augustus peered suspiciously at the girl. ''You there. This is precisely what I am interested in knowing.'' His comments were now directed to the lad joining the girl. Augustus absently cleaned a spot on the cauldron beside him. He was waiting on an answer.