View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Callie

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

SPOILER!!: Freckles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Her calls of Haddie to slow down fell on deaf ears and Rachel was resigned to the fact that she would have to search for her best friend. Trying to dodge the many persons swarming her and separating her from Haddie, Rachel moved for the Quidditch section. Knowing the other girl, she suspected that Haddie would go there first.

How right she proved to be. "There you are,'' Rachel said as she swept her plaits over her shoulders. "My instincts told me that you would be here.'' She smiled as she edged closer to her best friend. "Is that the broomstick you want?'' Rachel noted the interest in the broom. Flying was one of the best things ever and she too wanted her own broomstick. Her parents had already agreed she could have one.

"Always trust your instincts." Hads said with a nod of her head. Good life advice, that. You're welcome Peaches. Hadley grinned at her best friend, but was more focused on the broom in her hands though. She held the broom up for Rachel to see better, and nodded again. "This is the one, I can feel it. This broom fits me perfectly. She wants to be my broom."

Hadley paused and studied the broom lovingly. It was sleek and polished and exquisite. "Beautiful isn't she?" Her grin grew wider. "Langley." she added, before Rach could ask her what the broom's name was. There was a pang of guilt when she thought about Charlie back at Hogwarts. But she needed a broom and who knows when she'd get to adopt Charlie. Even with Langley, she still vowed to adopt the Hogwarts broom one day too. He could be a back up broom, and if she had kids they could learn on him. She'd give him a good home too.

The waves of jealousy she felt from Langley as she thought about Charlie was a bit alarming. She might have her hands full with Langley. But the connection she felt between the broom and herself was undeniable. This was her broom. "I need to get goggles and robes and gloves now. Oh, before I forget, how's Ariel?"