View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Goblinfrog

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

"Hey Esme," Kitty smiled vaguely at her Hufflepuff friend as she sat next to her.

Kitty's hand shot into the air. "There are different reasons for forming and joining groups and societies. It could be a fan club where people with common interests come together and become friends. Like for example, a Quidditch fan club for people like that kind of thing or a reading club." She was never interested in sports (beyond reading about them) but she could imagine joining a book club. Professor Kitridge had had one last year, it was too bad they didn't have it this year, "Also, another reason to form a society could be to tackle injustice or to help people. The Society for Reformation of Hags which you mention is an example. Both are god reasons to join a group, and besides, that's another way you can make friends."

"One secret society that I know a lot about from history was Dumbledore's Army, created by Harry Potter in his fifth year. Dumbledore's Army consisted of students from Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, and Ravenclaw banding together to study Defense Against the Dark Arts. It was an especially important subject at the time since Voldemort had just returned and was on the verge of starting the second great Wizarding War. Sadly, the Ministry had forbidden defensive spells to be taught because they refused to believe Voldemort was back and believed current headmaster Dumbledore to be the real danger. So Harry started the club and they met in the Room of Requirement every week to study. Eventually the club was betrayed and disbanded, and but its purpose was a success because now all those students knew how to defend themselves - which many did later in the war."

She was going to leave it at that, but then Tenacius mentioned the Cult of Walpurgis, which was someone that coincidentally she had only just started reading about. "Another society that I've started reading about recently is the Cult of Walpurgis, though I only started last night. It's purpose was to eradicate the Statute but I can't say much else because I'm only on page two." Personally, Kitty thought getting rid of the Statute of Secrecy would be awesome. She lived in a Muggle town and hated the fact that she could be punished just for telling them what she was. Secretely she found herself admiring the Cultists, but she knew she was in the minority for that opinion and so she stayed silent.

Last edited by Goblinfrog; 07-24-2016 at 09:23 PM.