View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Hiraeth

DERP & DMT
Antipodean Opaleye

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Grimm Stark
Transportation
Sassenach l theJoff l RoughDough l Aslan l Snidget l My Lord Kate l Dark-Side l BEETSSS l smol George

SPOILER!!: Came in at an awkward time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

More eye rolling from Lynley Purcell. One day, her eyes were going to roll right out of her head, she just knew it. But it wouldn't be her fault--OH HO HO, NO--it was everyone else's for being absolutely ridiculous 98% of the time. Why couldn't people be normal? Be behaved? Or at least civilized? "No. I'm your boss. Not him." Sigh. This one...was going to be a handful.

She didn't even want to know his business. Not at all. So no comments here.

Regardless of whether he wanted to wear a monkey-costume or an actual suit, Lynley waved her hand at him. "A suit isn't necessary for everyday work, child," she said condescendingly, her tone...sharp. "Just not JEANS." Because NO.

"I can tell. You have a lot to learn," she glared at him. "Don't be late tomorrow. You're on my list, Mr. Stark," she brushed past him roughly.

List of death NBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cals
Jonas was slightly annoyed that Hogwarts was in session. Because that meant Hadley Denaker was in Scotland, and not next door. It meant he'd lost his on hand babysitter. The girl's twin was there, but she always seemed to be too busy, and he wasn't entirely sure he'd trust Natalie Denaker to keep an eye on Octavia. She didn't seem to have the same affinity with kids that Haddie did.

All of this was on his mind right now, because he was alone. His husband, Malcolm, had to stay home and keep an eye on the munchkin, since they couldn't find a babysitter. It wasn't that he was lost without Malcolm, as Jonas was the more sociable one out of the two, it was just that, well, he liked to have his husband with him.

Driving the thoughts from his mind, least he focus too readily on them and his mood turn a little glum, Jonas approached the table. He was looking for where to sign in, but...Oh, hey, goody bags! Sweet. But wasn't he supposed to get his temporary ID badge too? Or was that later? Maybe that chap knew? Jonas picked up a bag set out for his new department, and made his way over the guy. "Uh, pardon me. Do any of you know where to pick up our ID badges?"

Did she seriously just come here to criticize his jeans, call him a child, threaten him with some list and then just SHOVE right past him??!!

With a frustrated sign, Archer watched his new 'boss' walk away, a little bit pleased to see her go. But their first meeting only proved what he was dreading the most, that this job was going to suck, suck majorly.

He turned back to Emmalee and gave her a small smile, "Thanks for the, um, stuff I guess." Much appreciated. It would be even more appreciated if you could forget what just happened here. . . He was about to walk away (hopefully to find some kind of bar), when another man appeared at the table asking him for the IDs. Newbie too. This one was smarter about his clothing choice, which made Archer feel even more foolish about this whole ordeal. "Uhm yeah. Just give Emmalee over here your name and she'll get it for you." He included his head towards the woman when he spoke, in case this bloke couldn't figure out who Emmalee was.

"If you're working in Transport, you'll be pleased to hear that the boss will love your clothes. And just a heads up if you are, she has a thing against jeans and people breathing in her general-direction." Archer envied him if he worked in Accidents, cause that boss seemed cool as hell. . .