View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
hermionesclone
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

The excitement, the eagerness....... those were exactly the kinds of things the man liked to see in his students. After all, it was a lot easier to teach someone who actually wanted to be there and learn, rather than someone who was barely listening to a word you said.

It was a definite perk to teaching.

So as it was, Hirsch simply watched them as they practiced, only pausing to shift some items aside in case they needed some more space. It wasn't necessary and he doubted they could cast a corporeal patronus just yet but it helped to keep him busy and active. He didn't like just standing there doing nothing, it was why he moved around a lot while he was talking about a spell or dark creature.

When they were ready - which took a little while longer for Jaemin but he didn't interfere - he nodded at both of them and launched into his next few words. "Okay, so next, the wand movement is incredibly simple: it's a circular motion. It's almost as if you're drawing circles around the area you want your patronus to go. Your target, if you will." And he doubted that they needed a lot of practice in how to draw circles in the air.

"Okay, so to conjure a patronus, you need to use the incantation, the wand movement and the happy memory I made you think about in my office. You need to have enough drive to make your shield come out." Pause. "When you're in a situation where you need this, thinking and focusing on that happy memory is going to be the hardest thing you do because the Dementors or whoever else will try and drown it out. That's why this happy memory needs to be a really strong one." And corporeal Patronuses don't come from weak memories.

"Okay, so that's enough of me talking. I want you to bring back that memory you locked away and try and use that along with the incantation and wand movement to produce your patronus." Watching this was going to be the hardest part.