View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
Tony Killingworth
Hogsmeade Shopkeeper
Fire Slug

SPOILER!!: Jenna and Henry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
There was a cat out in the street.

Henry was a big fan of cats, and in creatures in general, and he became rather distracted following it, so much so that he became separated from his friends. He followed it to the door of Scrivenshaft's where the feline promptly began scratching at the door.

"I'm not sure if you're allowed in there, kitty," he said, giving the friendly cat a scratch behind the ears before picking him up. Maybe his owner was inside. And now that he thought about it, the thirteen year old remembered that the shopkeeper kept a bunch of cats inside. She probably wouldn't mind, or it might even belong to her.

Carrying the purring cat into the store, Henry headed towards the first people he saw, which happened to be the shopkeeper and a girl he'd guess to be a couple years older than him. "Hey," he smiled, trying to get their attention. "Either of you lose a cat? I found this little guy outside wanting to get in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
It was usually better to wait for a cat to come to you rather than force them to let you near them, so Jenna remained where she was, watching them intently and not noticing the woman appear next to her until she spoke.

"Oh! Oh, yes, I love cats," she replied, her eyes lighting up when she saw the cat in the shopkeeper's arms. "I love animals in general really." Cats were certainly among her favorites though. And Truffles seemed like an absolute sweetheart. "Hello, Truffles," she greeted the cat, smiling and gently scratching Truffles' head. Her attention returned to the woman at what she offered next though, and her smile widened. "I would love to hold her!"

This was easily becoming her favorite shop in Hogsmeade. More shops ought to have adorable animals hanging around.

And then a younger boy appeared, also holding a cat from outside. She smiled and shook her head. "I haven't lost one. Is he yours?" She looked back at the shopkeeper.

"Wonderful. I am always suspicious of anyone who dislikes cats. Those are shifty persons.'' Edina had lowered her voice while saying this. Truffles meowed in her arms when scratched. "I can trust you. Truffles can trust you. All my cats can trust you.'' The snow white kitty was handed over as the cat meowed even more and tried to paw at the girl's nose.

Edina decided she would go see what her other kitties and customers were up to and if her customers needed any help. She got side tracked by another one of her kitties and a boy. "Now now. Have you been wandering outside again, Tinker?'' Edina gave a tinkling laugh. "Yes he is one of mine. Truffles and Tinker are actually best friends. Do you like cats too, young man?''