Thread: Artist Workroom
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
It didn't really surprise Ansley that there were few creative outlets when he was a student either. Julien was at least a few years older than him and he wouldn't expect that there were arts classes or clubs in the past that one day just stopped. As far as he knew there were none save the occasional seminar or activity within an academic. And that was fine but it was in the past and he hoped to help bring things in a new direction. Or at least supplement things.

"Prince, right?" That was the only Ravenclaw Daxton that immediately came to mind. Sure, of course he knew him. He nodded thoughtfully as his colleague spoke. "Yes, I've learned a little bit of sign language over the summer that I hope will help with communication." He didn't know more than basic signs, but he was hopeful that it would make things a little easier this year. "Maybe it would," he said, looking around at some of the supplies. Art was often therapeutic. "But yes, I agree. Some degree of supervision would be required." He had heard of several detentions for the boy because of property destruction. He certainly wouldn't appreciate that with his supplies or materials.

"Oh?" A Charms Challenge sounded really interesting and he was kind of honored to have been asked, even if he wouldn't call himself advanced in the subject. "That sounds like a fun idea. I'm sure the students will appreciate it. And sure, I'd love to be a part of it." Judging charms cast by children wouldn't be too difficult, right?

A new baby was always a nice thing. "Well, congratulations. How exciting for your family." He supposed that made Julien a great-uncle then? It was still great for him. Not that he was planning on having children of his own any time soon, so he supposed he couldn't completely relate. "They always seem to grow quickly, don't they?" He could at least see this with his students.
So he wasn't the only one that was concerned and doing some extra summer work on this child. It was interesting that they hadn't fully had a meeting in regards to him. That was a good thing that they had received what info they had on him, but more would be helpful. "Finding something that makes the boy tick would be helpful, but everything I try seems to push him further away. He doesn't take help easy that's for sure and he's at that age where pride is very much in the way." He remembered those days. "Sign language might be a great thing. If we could only get him to trust a little to learn what he needs I think he could be very successful." He had to wonder what all was going on with the boy that they weren't aware of. "He has been known to make things inappropriate and on the wrong places so supervision would be best." He'd even do that if it would help Daxton.

He was glad others felt the same about the Charms Challenge. It could be exciting and the thought of a new way for the students to learn made him even more excited about it. "I'll divide it up between different years so they have different challenges, but I think it could be an interesting term with the competition. They will be winning a charmed item and a little celebration in my charmed room. " That could be fun for the students or at least he hoped it would be a good motivator. "I'll send you the information and what charms will be used for the first challenge." He had to ask the others, but it was good to have at least one nailed down as a judge.

He was proud of his family, all of his family. Even if Reagan was a bit of the wild child in the family, he still was proud of the woman she had become. "Thank you, she's a cutie. Not a bad baby either." Which was nice, his own had given him a run for his money when they were infants, especially the girls. "Do you have any siblings or nieces and nephews?" He knew he didn't have any children of his own, but wasn't sure about the rest.