View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Callie

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpluvr037 View Post
Tiara understood the sentiment and nodded. It was like the rush she would get before a gymnastics meet growing up. Early mornings just didn't seem to matter, adrenaline carried you through it all.

"It sounds like you and Asher make a fine team, then," she remarked. She had never had a pet of any sort, not even a goldfish. Or a pet rock, like Airey. So she really enjoyed getting permission to bond with someone else's pet, even if it was only for a moment. "Hello, Asher!" she greeted, giving him a few scratches in his favorite spot. "You be nice to Kurwich Kurfluffle. He looks like a very nice dragon."

The stands were starting to get a few more people at this point. "I wonder when the racers will start to arrive. I do not think I can wait too much longer!" But really, she couldn't. "Maybe some sort of announcement will let us know or something." Hopefully so, because eventually she wanted to visit that food court area she had passed on her way over here...
"Yeah, I think we do. I don't think I'd have made it through the summer without him and Wimple. My owl." Wimple was back at Hogwarts, hanging with his owl peeps, but she visited him as much as possible. Sadly she couldn't take Asher too, because well, that might not go so well with some of the other owls.

Asher, meanwhile, was practically melting under the chin scratches. He was becoming a ferret puddle. Hadley just chuckled and shook her head. "Oh, I think he'll be good to Kurwich Kurfluffle. He's already attached to the dragon." He's only had the toy for a day, but it never left his side. Hadley moved it away from him once, and had to reprimand the ferret for biting. He was not a happy camper.

"An announcement would be grand, actually," she agreed. She'd been to races before with her parents. Drag races, Nascar, etc. Dad wasn't exactly a race fan, but he'd get tickets now and then and take the kids with him. Mom too if she was off that day and he could coax her into it. "Have you seen many broom races? This is my first."