Thread: Artist Workroom
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
"No there wasn't when I was here either." How old was Ansley again? He never was good with age. "You know a Ravenclaw named Daxton, don't you?" He knew the name was well known among staff so of course he would know him. "He's become a bit of a focus for me with his style of learning. With a watchful eye I think this place could be good for him, though I dont' know if I'd allow him in here unsupervised." An activity or club made him think, "I think that would be a great idea. Which reminds me, would you consider being a judge for my Charms Challenge I'm doing this year? I was thinking about starting up a Charms club for all the higher learning students, but though this might make learning a little more fun." He wanted to maybe weed out the ones not as serious about his subject as well.

That thought really made him think, yes, what would people of the future think about what they do today. Could some of the things he did daily be very foreign and weird to generations centuries from now. "Yes I could see that being the case. Maybe the way we teach will be very weird to them or the way we cast spells." He couldn't think of any rituals he did that could change much in the future. People would still put clothes on the same way or at least he hoped.

"His older sister had a baby during last term so he was spending time getting to know her, but I think he had fun as well. We are a big family with many children running around, though mine keep seeming to grow up too fast." How did he have two graduated and one almost ready to come to school. It was just unreal that he had become so old.
It didn't really surprise Ansley that there were few creative outlets when he was a student either. Julien was at least a few years older than him and he wouldn't expect that there were arts classes or clubs in the past that one day just stopped. As far as he knew there were none save the occasional seminar or activity within an academic. And that was fine but it was in the past and he hoped to help bring things in a new direction. Or at least supplement things.

"Prince, right?" That was the only Ravenclaw Daxton that immediately came to mind. Sure, of course he knew him. He nodded thoughtfully as his colleague spoke. "Yes, I've learned a little bit of sign language over the summer that I hope will help with communication." He didn't know more than basic signs, but he was hopeful that it would make things a little easier this year. "Maybe it would," he said, looking around at some of the supplies. Art was often therapeutic. "But yes, I agree. Some degree of supervision would be required." He had heard of several detentions for the boy because of property destruction. He certainly wouldn't appreciate that with his supplies or materials.

"Oh?" A Charms Challenge sounded really interesting and he was kind of honored to have been asked, even if he wouldn't call himself advanced in the subject. "That sounds like a fun idea. I'm sure the students will appreciate it. And sure, I'd love to be a part of it." Judging charms cast by children wouldn't be too difficult, right?

A new baby was always a nice thing. "Well, congratulations. How exciting for your family." He supposed that made Julien a great-uncle then? It was still great for him. Not that he was planning on having children of his own any time soon, so he supposed he couldn't completely relate. "They always seem to grow quickly, don't they?" He could at least see this with his students.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line