Thread: Artist Workroom
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 05:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
"Oh, I hope so," Ansley said in regard to Julien's remark about the students' enjoyment. The room never seemed all that crowded but there was always at least a couple students in here at any given time. And really, even if he could foster just one young person's creativity then it was worth it. "There was never a place like this when I was a student here and I always had craved it. So I thought this would be a great outlet for anyone who wanted to indulge in a little creativity. In fact, I am thinking about doing some sort of art club or activity." Nothing official of course, but he knew of at least a few students who might want to do that sort of thing. And it would be open for anyone, no matter what their skill level.

He chuckled at Julien's words, then nodded in appreciation of the compliment. "Thanks... I like to try to keep my skills sharp." There was never much time for that with teaching, but he did his best to make the time. It was important. But he could get to it later.

"Oh, I don't know, you could have brought them for the aesthetic value," he added with another chuckle. He was sure there were many duplicates, just because they were rather interesting, and he wasn't all that sure how rare authentic canopic jars were. "I really do enjoy them." He actually couldn't stop looking at them, they were almost mesmerizing. "Different culture, different beliefs," he laughed. "I wonder what future societies will find strange about things that we do now." He always found that sort of philosophical thinking to be interesting. "Egypt is on my short list of places to go see.. Maybe one day. But yes, I'll have to ask Benton and see what he thought of it. It's always interesting to get a child's perspective on things too."

"No there wasn't when I was here either." How old was Ansley again? He never was good with age. "You know a Ravenclaw named Daxton, don't you?" He knew the name was well known among staff so of course he would know him. "He's become a bit of a focus for me with his style of learning. With a watchful eye I think this place could be good for him, though I dont' know if I'd allow him in here unsupervised." An activity or club made him think, "I think that would be a great idea. Which reminds me, would you consider being a judge for my Charms Challenge I'm doing this year? I was thinking about starting up a Charms club for all the higher learning students, but though this might make learning a little more fun." He wanted to maybe weed out the ones not as serious about his subject as well.

That thought really made him think, yes, what would people of the future think about what they do today. Could some of the things he did daily be very foreign and weird to generations centuries from now. "Yes I could see that being the case. Maybe the way we teach will be very weird to them or the way we cast spells." He couldn't think of any rituals he did that could change much in the future. People would still put clothes on the same way or at least he hoped.

"His older sister had a baby during last term so he was spending time getting to know her, but I think he had fun as well. We are a big family with many children running around, though mine keep seeming to grow up too fast." How did he have two graduated and one almost ready to come to school. It was just unreal that he had become so old.