Thread: Artist Workroom
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 03:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
So it seemed he could just come in and he nodded in that he understood. It wasn't something he would do often though, he was always one to knock and wait for entrance into places. Unless it was his children's rooms and then it was his job to not give notice when he was entering their rooms, though he did try to respect their privacy as well. "I bet the students enjoy being able to come here. I was in the music room not long ago, a splendid place to help with the creative side. " Something he lacked at least in the art side of things, but he could appreciate them. He glanced out the window and nodded. "Very nice, you have a great talent." He wondered why Ansley didn't find a profession in this, but teaching was a calling for many.

A chuckle left him as he stuck a hand in his front pocket, "Yes they are real. I wouldn't be bringing you anything fake. What kind of person do you think I am Ansley." He was joking of course, but he was a man of his word. "They were tricky to find I'll admit, but when I did I knew you would enjoy them." He looked at them closer now, "A little creepy if you ask me. I'm not sure I care to have my organs or anyone else's for that matter just sitting in a jar." He was a a person who liked traditions and enjoyed history, but this one was just not his style maybe. The jars were interesting and he liked the shapes.

He was glad the man had a nice summer, "Well we don't go often, but it was a bigger family event so it was very enjoyable." He glanced around the room wondering a few things but turned his attention back to Ansley, "If you ever get a chance to go, you should. It is a great sight to see. The family really enjoyed it. If you see Benton around he could tell you from a child's point of view. We had went with my brother and his family."
"Oh, I hope so," Ansley said in regard to Julien's remark about the students' enjoyment. The room never seemed all that crowded but there was always at least a couple students in here at any given time. And really, even if he could foster just one young person's creativity then it was worth it. "There was never a place like this when I was a student here and I always had craved it. So I thought this would be a great outlet for anyone who wanted to indulge in a little creativity. In fact, I am thinking about doing some sort of art club or activity." Nothing official of course, but he knew of at least a few students who might want to do that sort of thing. And it would be open for anyone, no matter what their skill level.

He chuckled at Julien's words, then nodded in appreciation of the compliment. "Thanks... I like to try to keep my skills sharp." There was never much time for that with teaching, but he did his best to make the time. It was important. But he could get to it later.

"Oh, I don't know, you could have brought them for the aesthetic value," he added with another chuckle. He was sure there were many duplicates, just because they were rather interesting, and he wasn't all that sure how rare authentic canopic jars were. "I really do enjoy them." He actually couldn't stop looking at them, they were almost mesmerizing. "Different culture, different beliefs," he laughed. "I wonder what future societies will find strange about things that we do now." He always found that sort of philosophical thinking to be interesting. "Egypt is on my short list of places to go see.. Maybe one day. But yes, I'll have to ask Benton and see what he thought of it. It's always interesting to get a child's perspective on things too."

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line