View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
That's what Ansley liked to hear, that someone was trying to learn from experiences and observations even when they were not actively practicing something. It made him think even more that he had made the right choice in allowing her to be a portrait painting apprentice. "Good," he nodded. "Even master painters when they are not creating art often spend much of their time simply observing people's faces and expressions. It gives them much more insight into painting their own work." The best artists were always trying to learn from their observations, even if it was in an indirect way. It could work with observing the completed portraits as well.

He smiled more as Hadleigh said that she would like to continue their painting sessions. He enjoyed teaching that and was glad that she enjoyed it. "Oh, I'm glad to hear that. Any bit of practice you can get will surely help." He was eager to see what kind of progress she'd made and how far she could get this term. "Mondays, same time, works for me... how about you?" He could probably rearrange things if she needed with her schedule, but that would work for him if it did her.
This was a good thing to know. Hadleigh smiled as she listened to Ansley explain why a lot of true painters did exactly what she was doing right then. "That's what I was hoping to get out of this Sir, all the different colors, shading and facial expressions. There's a real lot to get right," she replied with a small nod of her head.

Mondays at the same time. Perfect. "It works perfectly for me." And just to make sure she pulled out a small parchment from the pocket of her robes and looked it over. It happened to be her small calendar on which she kept different reminders. "Yes, yes Mondays are good." Pulling out a quill as well from her pocket she quickly made note of the day and time. It was set now. "When I come on Monday shall I bring my sketches and things from the summer?" So he could see how she was doing and what she needed to work on still.

You are Bread!