View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post
Hady smiled at the man's chuckle. "It's been awhile since I've stopped in here to see the portraits. I was actually hoping that if I studied some of the portraits it might help with when I make one of my own." Ideas. Detailing. That type of thing. Whatever could help her make the very best portraits she could. She striped for the best.

When Ansley said he would like to continue and thought she was ready to move on with more advanced things the girl beamed. "Yes Sir, I would. I've been sketching a lot overy the break and doing my best to paint whenever I can as well." She had some of the sketches and painting with her to show him as well. "Is Mondays still a good day?" Best to get her days straightened out quickly.
That's what Ansley liked to hear, that someone was trying to learn from experiences and observations even when they were not actively practicing something. It made him think even more that he had made the right choice in allowing her to be a portrait painting apprentice. "Good," he nodded. "Even master painters when they are not creating art often spend much of their time simply observing people's faces and expressions. It gives them much more insight into painting their own work." The best artists were always trying to learn from their observations, even if it was in an indirect way. It could work with observing the completed portraits as well.

He smiled more as Hadleigh said that she would like to continue their painting sessions. He enjoyed teaching that and was glad that she enjoyed it. "Oh, I'm glad to hear that. Any bit of practice you can get will surely help." He was eager to see what kind of progress she'd made and how far she could get this term. "Mondays, same time, works for me... how about you?" He could probably rearrange things if she needed with her schedule, but that would work for him if it did her.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line