View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Hadley smiled at the Potions Professor as she entered the office. This was the first time she'd seen it actually, and honestly, it was exactly what she expected. Refreshing. "Hey, Professor...uh, how are you?" She was being a bit lame, she knew, but Haddie was torn.

If her own 5-star, award-winning chef of a mother couldn't help her, what hope did Professor Newton have? Still, her mother seem to think asking him would help a lot. Her Mom also seemed to think she had improved, just a pinch, over the summer, but Hads didn't see it. That was the real reason she had suggested Hadley see about getting tutored or something by Professor Newton. According to her Mom, he must have seen something in her or she wouldn't have been put on the top potioneering students list.

But, voluntarily going to a Professor wasn't Hadley's MO at all. And at the same time, there was a lot of really cool stuff you could do with potions. Like really cool stuff. Stuff she'd never be able to do if she didn't improve, so...yeah, Hadley Denaker was a little bit torn.

"I, uh...I've been practicing my cooking skills at home. My Mom's a chef, and she's been helping me, but I still stink. And we, my Mom and I, were, uh, wondering if you would be willing to tutor me or something?" Wow, why was her mouth getting dry? It never got dry when she spoke. "Uh, she seems to think it'd be good if I still had someone who knows what they're doing," though not if you asked her Dad, "helping me practice and everything..." She waited a moment, rolling on the balls of her feet in the uncomfortable awkwardness she was feeling. "So?"
Art looked at Miss Deanker for a brief moment. How are you? He considered that question... well, he was... good. He nodded "I'm.... I'm good, yes, health is optimal for my age," he nodded again. "And... and how are you Miss Denaker?"

Art stood behind his desk and listened to everything she said. He pushed his glasses up his nose, but other than that, his attention was dedicated to the young Ravenclaw in front of him. Asking for Potions tuition. Once she was done, he held a hand out, indicating the seat across from him. "Sit down... please..." and he sat in his own chair. "So... so you uhh you would like me to-to help tutor you? Well I'm-I'm your Professor of Potions and of course I'd be-be uhh be... well, of course I'd tutor you! Ab-absolutely. We can-can start at-at easy things and work our way up. Hmm? Uhh how-how about we start in a few days? Wh-when would you have a free period?"

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move