Thread: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 01:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
crimsonlion
Gnome

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Sophia Summers
First Year
Noelle's cousin Book worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Haddie scratched the back of her head and then rest her chin in her palm. "It was what it was." She shrugged. "It's not really that he can't accept it, he just doesn't want me to have anything to do with the Wizarding World." She shrugged again. Hadley Denaker's go-to gesture: a shrug. "I'm just...It really wasn't that bad, probably. I'm just weak or something. It's nothing compared to what Noelle and Sabbath went through." Which she still didn't really know the specifics of, but she knew it had been bad.

Hads was happy to change the subject to Hope's summer. "You kissed a boy?" She probably had the complete opposite of the expression her Dad had when he heard. "Uh, Congrats." She wasn't entirely sure but she had a feeling that Hope might be the closest thing to an expert on that stuff in their grade. Hundreds of questions were flowing into Hadley's mind and she wasn't sure if she wanted to ask any of them or discover the answers for herself in her own time. "Who was it?" The comment about being grounded sparked something. "I guess, that was my summer too. Extreme grounding or something? I was basically on house arrest so Dad could keep me away from anything and everything to do with Magic, Hogwarts or the Wizarding World." Except their neighbors, since they pretty much shared a wall. So she at least got to babysit Octopus, as long as it was in the Denaker home, and not the Loftbottoms'. "Including my friends."
Hope looked down, Chewing her lip a little. She knew how parents could be. A little too overprotective at times. But being a wizard wasn't too bad. Or harmful unless you go up against some bad people. She thought of Noelle and Sabbie's situation that happened last year... well on the other hand... maybe it could be. But you can't shield your kids from everything. They need to learn to fight and fend for themselves.

he kept you from your friends? Wow that's not cool at all. I'm so sorry. I couldn't handle not being able to not talk to my friends. Noelle is my best friend and also my cousin so my dad wouldn't be able to keep me from her. And you were on house lock down? Me too but only for like a few weeks. Not the whole summer. I feel so bad for you. I hope it gets better. She felt so bad for her. How could he do that. That was crossing a huge line.

She shook her head. I kissed Sabbie's cousin, José. Dad didn't take that too well. He banned me from seeing him ever again, but after a few weeks of being basically chained to my dad's side he let me go see Noelle. And hang out with Noelle. And of course Noelle dates sabbie so I occasionally got to see him. Have you ever kissed anyone?"

A subject was just what they needed. Hope could tell Hadley was barely holding on. She slide a little closer and gave her an awkward half hug before sliding back over.