View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Callie

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
With a magnifying glass in one hand, and a unicorn horn in the other, Art was assessing it for any impurities which might affect its use in certain potions. So far, only one from this batch was impure. It would have to be used in other things. He was concentrating so hard when he heard a knock. He looked at the door for a moment before realising it was probably someone to see him. He placed the items down on his desk and went to open the door, peering outside. "Ahh Miss. Denaker, would you like to come in?" he asked.

He had a new supply of teas, including some berry ones, he thought some of the younger students might like that rather than the blends of black teas he had last term. He was half way through a cup himself.

He opened the door and walked back in, over to the little kitchenette area he had set up the previous term.

OOC: Feel free to post in the office now!
Hadley smiled at the Potions Professor as she entered the office. This was the first time she'd seen it actually, and honestly, it was exactly what she expected. Refreshing. "Hey, Professor...uh, how are you?" She was being a bit lame, she knew, but Haddie was torn.

If her own 5-star, award-winning chef of a mother couldn't help her, what hope did Professor Newton have? Still, her mother seem to think asking him would help a lot. Her Mom also seemed to think she had improved, just a pinch, over the summer, but Hads didn't see it. That was the real reason she had suggested Hadley see about getting tutored or something by Professor Newton. According to her Mom, he must have seen something in her or she wouldn't have been put on the top potioneering students list.

But, voluntarily going to a Professor wasn't Hadley's MO at all. And at the same time, there was a lot of really cool stuff you could do with potions. Like really cool stuff. Stuff she'd never be able to do if she didn't improve, so...yeah, Hadley Denaker was a little bit torn.

"I, uh...I've been practicing my cooking skills at home. My Mom's a chef, and she's been helping me, but I still stink. And we, my Mom and I, were, uh, wondering if you would be willing to tutor me or something?" Wow, why was her mouth getting dry? It never got dry when she spoke. "Uh, she seems to think it'd be good if I still had someone who knows what they're doing," though not if you asked her Dad, "helping me practice and everything..." She waited a moment, rolling on the balls of her feet in the uncomfortable awkwardness she was feeling. "So?"