Thread: Artist Workroom
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Ansley was determined to make some time for painting this year. It was always so difficult to find time for his own creative outlet when he had so much planning and actual work to do for his students, but he had some plans in mind to work out both and he was rather excited about that this term. His mind distracted with some of these thoughts, he set up his canvas near one of the windows and grabbed some of his paints. Perhaps not a magical painting this time, but he was rather inspired by the view to paint it.

He was just working out a preliminary sketch when he heard a noise at the door. Looking up, he noticed Julien and gave him a small smile as he gestured with his hand to come in. "Come on in, you don't have to knock," he chuckled. The room was deliberately left open during the day to allow free access. Perhaps Julien wanted to unleash a bit of his creative side too.

Hearing his welcoming Julien made his way into the room. Looking around he was impressed by it. He wasn't much of an artist himself, but he appreciated it. Looking around and taking his time coming into the room he finally looked at Ansley, "Knocking is respectful of other's space and artist are usually not ones to want interrupted, especially in a startled way. I did not want to be the reason for you to mess up what you were working on." That would have been rather rude of him and he wouldn't have felt very good about messing up Ansley's project. "What are you working on?" If it wasn't a secret or anything maybe he'd show him.

"These are for you. I hope they will work out alright for you." He placed the Canopic jars down on the table. He tried to get a few different ones so he hoped that Ansley would like them. He found them very interesting and even know was looking them over. "Wonder if the person was allowed to pick which one they'd be placed in or if that was just up to the family." Not that he'd want his Visceras in a jar, but to each their own.

He turned back to his colleague after looking at the jars a bit longer, "I also brought back a heiroglyphs, but I couldn't bring all at one time. So I'll bring that to you later." Or he could come up if he'd like. "Did you have a good summer?" Obviously he spent most of his time with family and in Egypt, but he wasn't sure what Ansley had done.