View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jojogali
Slytherin

DoM & DMAC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elsa Pinkerton-Oliveira
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gallowglass Pinkerton
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Thomas Black
Snuffles Sweetness | Sirius is my veil dancer

SPOILER!!: Addison
Addison smiled warmly as the man before her introduced himself as Thomas Black. He appeared slightly surprised by the fact that she wanted them all to use her first name. Was this uncommon? If it was, it would just have to be something they got used to. "Well I finally agreed to follow my brother-in-laws advice and move closer to him and my niece. My former training and jobs in America gave me the opportunity to move upwards in the ranks so like most I took it." Yes this was a bit vague on details right now but if he wanted to know more she wouldn't mind telling him.

Within moments two more joined the small group. Addison turned towards the women with a light smile as she held her hand out to shake that of the one offered to her. "Nice to meet you Lis, I am but please just Addison," this was said mainly to Lis but also meant for Vanessa as well as she had now shifted to shake her hand as well. A polite bunch of men and women they all were. She liked it.

"Oh, you have a son? Does he attend Hogwarts?" she asked overhearing Thomas. Maybe his boy went to school with her niece.

As people began gathering in the breakroom, Thomas' grin spread wider on his face. So lovely to be formally introduced to his colleagues. In this line of work, being an Unspeakable, there wasn't much time or opportunity to actual be social, so this little social gatherings were always welcome.

"Oh you're from America is it? I thought I heard a little accent on your voice" he said with interest. He had never been to America, but he heard the magical community there was pretty amazing. And of course he had noticed her accent before, after all the gave her a full scan the moment he saw her, that was an Unspeakable treat that he couldn't shake off. "Yes, Wes is fourteen, he's just finishing up his forth year at Hogwarts. He's actually coming in as soon as school is over, a nice bloke from the department of magical creatures offered to show him some dragon eggs, so that will be pretty amazing."

SPOILER!!: Adam
Text Cut: Thomas & Addison & Hello to everyone else Adam hasn’t interected with yet.

”Ahh! Ich bin sehr gut.” Adam said as he reached for a pastry that was on the table nearby. “Du sprichst Deutsch?“ He’d been working in the department for about a year and this was first person he’d found that even attempted to talk to him in his native tongue. It exicted Adam even more than the food (and that was saying something!).

His fingers latched onto pastry. Adam wasn’t even sure what it was nor did he look before popping half of it into his mouth. The German speaking man helped himself to coffee as Adam finished his mouthful of food. Mid-chew, the lady began talking, but whether to him or the other male, Adam wasn’t certain. He nodded his head at her as well and continued munching on his pastry.

Text Cut: Addison and Thomas

More people arrived and quickly introduced themselves to the first lady, who via these introductions Adam learned was named Addison. Somewhere in the back o his mind he made a connection between the name of the woman and his new boss, but right now, Adam had finished his pastry and was reaching for a second. Food. Food was waaaay more interesting to Adam right now. When the German speaking man (whom Adam also learned via introductions was named Thomas) started talking to Addison again in between introductions. Thomas didn’t really have much of an accent and so Adam didn’t think Thomas was from his neck of the woods.

Adam’s second pastry found its way into his mouth as he listened to Thomas and Addison’s conversation. Perhaps he was being rude, but hey, the conversation wasn’t directed to him.

Aaaaand, there goes his German. "I wouldn't call it speaking.." he chuckled looking in the direction where Adam was eating mouthfuls of food. Merlin that man could eat! Looking at the rate he was downing food Thomas wasn't sure there would be any left in 30 minutes, so he picked up some more pastries for his plate. "I can ask for a table at a restaurant, say some pleasantries but that's it. My German is pretty limited I'm afraid..." he took a bite out of a particularly succulent croissant "No need to ask if you're German, that's quite obvious but have you moved here recently?" he asked with curiosity. Such diversity! America, Germany. This department became more interesting by the minute. Thomas wondered if they were both in the same department. That would be nice, maybe he could learn some more German with him.

SPOILER!!: Blaire
Blaire wasn't exactly sure about this little party as she never felt comfortable disclosing too much in the workplace for reasons but she supposed it'd be a good excuse to have some coffee so she slipped into the breakroom, considering those already in attendance.

"Hello," She offered by way of greetings as she grabbed a cup and poured some of the steaming hot beverage inside. The smell alone had her spirits lifted. "I hope I didn't miss anything."

Another lady entered the breakroom and Thomas couldn't help but notice, again, that this office that in the past seemed to be dominated by men, was now dominated by women. "No, you're perfectly on time!" he welcomed the newcomer with a polite nod of his head.

SPOILER!!: Hades
The fact was that knowledge of the event happening in the breakroom had temporarily slipped Hades mind and as he had stepped into the Ever-Locked Room which was usually bustling with Unspeakables, found it empty and had stood there, perplexed for a good two minutes before taking out his planner to check if he had come in on a public holiday.

Turns out, it wasn't a public holiday. Just the day their new Department Head came in, which was apparently cause for a party in the breakroom.

It wouldn't do to forgo the party entirely and risk getting on his new boss' bad side, so Hades Grahn slipped into the breakroom in a manner not unlike the greek god of death himself, silently and for the most part unnoticed. He'd just indulge his inner Swede and get himself a mug of coffee, but for the meantime, the man was most certainly not about to make it known that he had just arrived - and late, at that - to those who hadn't noticed, nor was he about to make unnecessary conversation. It just was not his thing. Though he would probably not be outright cold to anyone who did try to speak to him.

As he nodded the woman who had just entered, Thomas noticed a man slip in discreetly, but paid him no attention as he clearly was trying to do to unnoticed.

Despite my empty mouth the words are in my mind. Don't you wonder what's inside?