View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Thomas & Addison & Hello to everyone else Adam hasn’t interected with yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojogali View Post
Shortly after his arrival another person arrived, this one a man. Thomas, that had just introduced himself to the new Office Head turned to the man and extended his hand to him as well "Goodmorning, was that German?" he looked for confirmation on what he was almost sure was German, but he did not fluently speak the language, just bits and pieces so it was better to ask than to embarrass himself later on. "Wie geht es Ihnen?" he offered with a smile.

Yes, Thomas was all about the pleasantries.

Even though he has been in this department for 16 years he was bound not to recognize everyone that worked that. That's what being an unspeakable meant, total and utter discretion. Thomas smoother out the front of his shirt after shaking the man's thin hand - he surely looked like he could use a big meal.

"All of this looks absolutely mouth watering" he pointer toward the food and felt his stomach rumbling "You've totally won over my stomach with this little get together Miss Anders" he said with a polite smile towards his new boss.

"So since I gather this is a little greet and meet party, where in the department do you work?" he asked the man - Adam - as he walked towards the nearest table and poured himself some Merlin's delicacy... coffee! He took a sip as he waited for his answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post
No sooner had her gray-blue eyes fell upon the doorway had a man entered. She could see him instantly taking in his surroundings and for a brief moment Addison wasn't fully sure if she had possibly overdone things with this party. It didn't appear so as another moment or so passed.

A hand was offered to her in which she gently shook it. No sense in not being pleasant these were her co-workers whether or not she was their boss. "I am. And you are?," she questioned with a light smile letting his hand go after a second or two. Knowing who was who right away wasn't going to happen but after she had names to go along with faces she would do well in recalling whom was who.

It wasn't at all long before another gentleman joined them this time one whom appeared to have a rather decent accent. "Good morning, I'm doing well. How are you?" she offered with a light nod of her head. So far so good it seemed.

The mention of the food made her smile. "Well I'm glad so please by all means go ahead and help yourselves gentleman. And please just Addison will be fine." Miss Anders was her mother. No need to hold back and wait around either. If they were hungry they should eat.

”Ahh! Ich bin sehr gut.” Adam said as he reached for a pastry that was on the table nearby. “Du sprichst Deutsch?“ He’d been working in the department for about a year and this was first person he’d found that even attempted to talk to him in his native tongue. It exicted Adam even more than the food (and that was saying something!).

His fingers latched onto pastry. Adam wasn’t even sure what it was nor did he look before popping half of it into his mouth. The German speaking man helped himself to coffee as Adam finished his mouthful of food. Mid-chew, the lady began talking, but whether to him or the other male, Adam wasn’t certain. He nodded his head at her as well and continued munching on his pastry.

Text Cut: Addison and Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojogali View Post
"Thomas Black" introduced himself to the head of the department and before the other man could answer him she spoke once more asking them to call her by her first name instead of her last, which made Thomas chuckle with humor. "All right then Addison." he said with a genuine smile, picking up some pastries and returning to the little circle that had formed around her.

Before taking a bite out of a particularly appetizing croissant, Thomas took a moment to get to know his new boss better. After all in 16 years he had worked with several different people, so he was used to all sorts of people, but it was always good to know who to count with. "Miss. And-... Addison, what brought you here to the DM?" he asked, chewing down on his croissant waiting for the answer.

Another woman (Lis) had arrived a few seconds before and unfortunately Thomas, with a full mouth couldn't do much other than a toothless grin and a curt nod to her. Once he got rid of all the food in his mouth, another lady arrived. Oh boy, wasn't this year full of female workers? Andi would love this. If only she could be here. But with the pregnancy and all, they were advised that she should rest for a few weeks.

"Thomas Black" he said, now more presentable "I'm sorry, I'm father to a teenager boy, he eats all the food in the house, have to stock up when I can" he said jokingly, offering his hand to the newcomers (Lis and Vanessa).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post
Addison smiled warmly as the man before her introduced himself as Thomas Black. He appeared slightly surprised by the fact that she wanted them all to use her first name. Was this uncommon? If it was, it would just have to be something they got used to. "Well I finally agreed to follow my brother-in-laws advice and move closer to him and my niece. My former training and jobs in America gave me the opportunity to move upwards in the ranks so like most I took it." Yes this was a bit vague on details right now but if he wanted to know more she wouldn't mind telling him.

Within moments two more joined the small group. Addison turned towards the women with a light smile as she held her hand out to shake that of the one offered to her. "Nice to meet you Lis, I am but please just Addison," this was said mainly to Lis but also meant for Vanessa as well as she had now shifted to shake her hand as well. A polite bunch of men and women they all were. She liked it.

"Oh, you have a son? Does he attend Hogwarts?" she asked overhearing Thomas. Maybe his boy went to school with her niece.

More people arrived and quickly introduced themselves to the first lady, who via these introductions Adam learned was named Addison. Somewhere in the back o his mind he made a connection between the name of the woman and his new boss, but right now, Adam had finished his pastry and was reaching for a second. Food. Food was waaaay more interesting to Adam right now. When the German speaking man (whom Adam also learned via introductions was named Thomas) started talking to Addison again in between introductions. Thomas didn’t really have much of an accent and so Adam didn’t think Thomas was from his neck of the woods.

Adam’s second pastry found its way into his mouth as he listened to Thomas and Addison’s conversation. Perhaps he was being rude, but hey, the conversation wasn’t directed to him.