Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 03:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Nymphadoraliz
Dark Force Defense League
Crup

x12 x12
Becky's Bestie | Magic Pen Original Nymphadora | Lizasaurus

Text Cut: Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Ryden’s thoughts were everywhere concerning his youngest. Jace unknowingly breaking a young girl’ heart, and the rest of the school being taught by a Hag who almost ate a boy, and shortly after that, they all got poisoned in Potions Class, right under the bloody nose of the Professor. Jace did not fail to write down everything in detail. Apparently, the Standard Ingredient used was tampered with.

Hiding his scowl with his hand, Ryden sat back in his chair and wondered if the Quality Control Division is aware of this? They are not letting substandard goods reach the shores of London, correct? Also, ingredients as such should be tamper proof with a handy charm. Amid his deep thoughts, Ryden heard the clack-clack-clack of heels, looked up from Jace’s letter, and smiled at the woman who arrived. Sitting straighter in his chair, he greeted the new comer, “Goodmorning.” Yes, he’d seen the woman at the Bingo Mixer yesterday, but never got the chance to interact with her. A lot of conversation went down in that room.

Shortly after the woman’s arrival was Gidyun. “Good day, Mr. Yenorin. He said, giving the man a grin. Ryden took note of how early their boss was when it came to execoms. It was a good thing he didn’t decide to dilly-dally on his first, official task. Of course, tardiness is frowned upon in the diplomatic corps.

Ryden let out a sigh, got up to collect his things, and moved closer to Gidyun, and the woman who arrived after him. Since they all arrived very early for the meeting, he supposed it was okay to have a bit of chit-chat with the two. “I wish I can say nothing is wrong...but...” Ryden shook his head and took a seat in front of the woman. “Hogwarts. My youngest, Jace, told me that they’ve got a hag as a Divinations Professor.” Ryden unbuttoned his gray suit and sat back looking from Gidyun to the woman, “And apparently they got poisoned because of a tampered Standard Ingredient. How can it be tampered, when it’s supposed to be sealed upon delivery and before use? I’m sure the Professor knows the correct way to check if the ingredient is fresh or not, correct?” Ryden shook his head, and massaged his forehead, giving the Professor the benefit of the doubt. “Thank Merlin it was just a mild poison to begin with...” Still. His son was poisoned. “Mild or not, it was a close call...”

Gid took a long drink from his coffee smiling gently "Feel free to call me Gidyun or Gid" he said kindly to both of them. He hated that stuffy sirs and misses or ma'ams unless of course the employee preferred it for themselves. He wouldn't deny them if they wished to be called that, he just hated it for himself to be honest. And used it very sparingly if he could help it. He smiled gently as Ryden got up and moved closer to him and Michele. He hoped honestly they would have a good turn out and not be missing very many from the meeting. With the hols gone and over now it was a struggle to get going but hopefully not too much so!

His eyes showed concern as Ryden began to speak and an eyebrow lifted quite high as he listened. "I heard about the hag...but this potions thing?" he said quietly shaking his head "Torie hadn't mentioned that..." he muttered, or had he skivvied off potions again? "It should be sealed from the moment it's created til the moment they use it." he said nodding. "There isn't any excuse for that, no child or even staff member should need to worry about those ingredients. I'll notify Aron and see if there's anything to be done. Perhaps the apothecary needs to be checked in on."

Text Cut: Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh View Post
The boss was next to arrive, and Michele took a sip of the coffee from her travel mug before offering the man a nod and a smile. "Good morning," she murmured to him, eyes straying back to the other man who still seemed rather distressed. The reason was revealed a moment later, and Michele frowned.

She has an alum of Beauxbatons, and as such had never been to Hogwarts. But that didn't mean that she had never heard of the strange things that happened there. There was always going to be incidents at schools, with there being so many young children there experimenting with magic. There had been incidents at Beauxbatons as well. But Hogwarts seemed to have a lot more problems than any school she had ever heard of.

"How could they hire a hag at a school?!" she asked, pressing a hand to her chest in shock. And tampered ingredients, as well? She was suddenly much more grateful for her school experience. "Are the children alright? Has the Ministry been notified to send testers to ingredient suppliers?"

The last question was directed at Gidyun, because he was much more likely to know. If the tampering had happened before it was taken to the school, the public could be at risk as well...

He shook his head at Michele, merlin his thought was that exactly. How could the board of governors even allow such a person to teach at the school. Wasn't the student's safety first and foremost important in selecting someone to teach them?! "I don't know but I think there should be an inquiry sent to the board of governors to find out. I know I'll be inquiring."

Text Cut: Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Because she was new at the Ministry, Victoria didn’t want to be late but still look her best. Therefore, she had woken up an hour earlier to make sure she got everything ready and before she knew it she was walking through the hallway on level five to get to the department’s conference room.

She didn’t wore high heels but training shoes, something she was more comfortable in walking. She had tried of course , at home but the result had been disastrous. Dropped a teacup from the kitchen table when she had tried to catch her fall. Something her mother still did not know about and she liked to keep it that way. Because mother’s were scary when mad no matter what age the child is.

The twenty four year old entered the conference room ,with her head held high, hair in a bun and a notebook clutched in her arms. “Hello everyone” she greeted them all with a smile and took a seat somewhere. “I couldn’t help overhearing at the door. My brother told me about the hag as well” well , it had more been instant whining on how one of the Professors (one Jerkface or whatever) had stolen his glory to safe everyone but mweh) She hadn’t known about the potions getting tampered with though, this information was something he had not given him. Perhaps he hadn’t found it important? “Oh!” Victoria looked as if she had just remembered something, and she had. “I forgot to introduce myself, silly me!” she laughed. “My name is Victoria Hyland, I’m the new Foreign Relations Officer, it’s nice to meet you all”

He smiled at Victoria as she entered the room and nodded at her response about the Hag. This was just ridiculous. The first term with the headmistress and children being taken into the forest, and acromantulas in the school? Now a hag? Something had to stop! "Welcome Victoria" he said with a smile. He'd make sure all introductions were fully done, as soon as everyone had hopefully arrived! At least all the employees knew him as he'd hired them. Soon they'd all be introduced though!

Text Cut: Dmitry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiai View Post
Coffee. Dmitry needed coffee. Sadly he wasn't likely to get any. Ember had just been too excitable the night before and this morning, which meant that Mitya had ended up getting only a few hours sleep. Not that he blamed his fiancee for her excitement, she was back at the Ministry and in a job she loved, he just wished it hadn't kept him up so late and then woken him up so early without the chance of his life saving drink. Although, admittedly that was more Dmitry's fault for having forgotten to buy more beans the other day. At least he could have breakfast though and maybe after the meeting he could take a chance and go to a cafe or something to grab a drink. Because while there was a coffee pot in the conference room Mitya was a coffee snob and he wouldn't be subjecting his tastebuds to whatever substandard brew they might have today. He also didn't trust that it was cleaned regularly.

Dmitry took a moment to smooth down his suit and readjust his grip on his folder, which he ended up tucking underneath his arm, and the pastry box he was holding before walking to the conference room door and pushing his way inside. Lo and behold the room was full of people he didn't know. Then again, that wasn't such a surprise considering how many new hires had been made this time around. "Morning all," Dmitry said as he took a seat near Gidyun.

As the rest spoke about all the problems Hogwarts had been having recently Dmitry couldn't help but be glad that he'd never attended the school. He honestly didn't know how the place was still open with all the child endangerment that had gone on over the years, he still remembered all the horror stories he'd gotten off Stasya when his cousin had gone there. As it was since he didn't have anything nice to say about the school, nor did he know enough about the actual issue this time to truly participate in the discussion, Dmitry simply kept quiet and took the opportunity to set out his pen and notebook and to open up the pastry box and grab a Vatrushka to snack on while waiting for the meeting to actually start.

Well he did take a slight break in eating to reply to the new Foreign Relation Officers introduction. "Nice to meet you Victoria. Dmitry Konstantinov, I'm a member of the Security Council." Probably best that introductions happened now and maybe everyone else would follow suit? Hopefully. But for now back to the Vatrushka and wishing desperately for caffeine.

He smiled at Dmitry and nodded his way as he entered the room "Good morning."

Text Cut: Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvy_Wavvy View Post
Given with the events that took place just a few months back, Tyler found himself to the start of the ministry year meeting in the International Co-Operation department. He'd just like to sit in and gather information for himself instead of having to come back after to do so. Hopefully he wouldn't be late to this little meeting, because he had no plans to stick out like a sore thumb.

He mumbled a good morning as he walked into the office and stood to the back.

He greeted Tyler as he entered, curiosity showing a little, but he'd gotten notice that he'd be joining them "Feel free to have a seat if you wish." he said kindly.

Text Cut: Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Nice, warm cup of coffee in hand, Sky entered the conference room with a general "Hi," for everyone in the room. And immediately heard a piece of info she was none too pleased with.

The bit about Hogwarts earned an exclaimation from the woman that some would consider none too becoming of a lady, not that she cared. A hag? Poisoned ingredients? What the heck was going on at that school? She knew that Headmaster Botros had apparently lost his memory, was this a part of that?

And then she spotted someone that didn't belong. "What are you doing here, Tyler?" she asked, taking a seat beside her fellow security council member. Not accusing, just wondering. Unless they were expected to work with the Aurors on security for this silly little venture of Games and Sports'?

He smiled at Sky as well as she entered the room "Morning." he said brightly. Hmmm, maybe he'd explain that? He wasn't bothered but he was curious!

ooc: Feel free to chat more we'll start tomorrow evening, no matter if more join or not Welcome everyone!!!

You are Coffee!