View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
London always seemed extra boorish when compared to somewhere exotic like Brazil. Gabby couldn't wait to get back to vacationing with Archer, but there was lots of time for that and there was this little thing called being a good employee.

She just needed to be patient was all.

At least she had her guy with her - that made her really happy even if he was steering them towards the mini golf? How was she supposed to respond to this?

"I've never played before," she admitted. Nothing to be ashamed about; she'd never seen the point of something like golf since it didn't make sense to her, but Archer seemed to want to play so she was game for it. What was she supposed to do? All Gabby could see was that there were brightly coloured obstacles. "What did you want to tell me? Is it about work?" They hadn't really talked about work on their vacation, because they were too focused on each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Lynley took any sport she decided to partake in VERY seriously. So, as she walked towards the mini golf, that determined glint in her eye was enough to scare off ANY CHALLENGERS, okay? She grabbed a club and...noticed Gabby. One of her adored employees. The one she had just given a raise mind you.

"Gabby. How lovely it is to see you," she said with a raise of her eyebrow at the man. She totally thought Gabby was married. And didn't know the husband worked at the Ministry. Well. She supposed you learned something NEW every day. "If you don't mind, I'd like to play some mini golf--" she eyed the first hole. "Unless you two want to go first." She didn't want to cut them. Oh no, that would be terrible manners. "Go go--take your shots--" she said, gesturing at the hole.

Heh.

"And who are you?" she asked the man with Gabby, giving him the coldest stare she could muster.

Archer grinned at her. "That's okay, I can show you how to play." He gave her a wink, learning them both towards the golf clubs. He hadn't played this game in ages, but he would enjoy teaching Gabby. Not that he was entirely convinced she would enjoy it.

He nodded and looked at her, pausing for a few seconds. "I got offered the position of Head Botanist," he said. He had been ecstatic when he was offered. He felt... ready to settle down. Ready to settle into a permanent job, rather than freelance. Ready to give up his bachelor days. But he was not, of course, ready to settle into a house. Unless that house was his tent.

At that moment, they seemed to be approached by a woman who knew Gabby. Archer gave Gabby some space to greet her friend, whilst he fetched some balls. Upon returning he was greeted with a nice cold stare that made Archer want to wink at her. But no, he saved his winking for Gabby. "Archer. And you?" he asked, simply, but friendly. He had no time to play into cold stares.

"Can I have a look at what you've got or did you want me to show you?" he asked Gabby. He wouldn't mind helping her out.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move

Last edited by Jessiqua; 02-13-2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Eep! I didn't see Lynley!