View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 05:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Lynley couldn't decide if she wanted to do this...bingo thing or not. Did she want to get to know people she didn't have to? That was the question. Could she handle getting to know people she didn't want to? Another important question.

But here she was, her dark eyes scanning the area and focusing in on..Aron, for one...and another new employee. Telling them to get in lines.

Pfft.

"I won't get in any such line like a herd of cattle," she said, loud enough for someone nearby to hear, but not THAT loud. But she did raise her voice for... "I went to Hogwarts...I DO live in London--"and non of you people better STALK her, okay? Lynley was handy with her wand. Mph.

She waved her card around. Anyone here? Anyone?
Now that's the crowd he's looking for! Ryden gave the man a curious look, and grinned at him for his bravery. However, there is no point in lining up because everyone will be on just one side...oh. OH. This man's clever. Though the man's words were appealing, he felt he didn't have the energy of a 20+ years old anymore...just like that woman over there shouting her information, like it's no one's business.

"Have you traveled outside the UK though?" Ryden raised his card above his head to get the woman's attention. "Ryden Reed, ma'am. New to the Ministry, and worked for the Japanese Ministry at some point." Give and take, yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
Everyone else seemed to be paying more attention to the paper, and that made Kendall drift her hazel eyes toward the copy in her hand. Only to lift again as she heard at least one of the men she'd spoken to, the one who had said he was new, respond to her earlier question. At least it hadn't been a lecture about interrupting. It was the Ministry after all. She'd expected it to be tougher than home.

"At my service?," she asked, bemused, before their group had been joined by at least one more person. "Hi." She'd interrupted herself now, but oh well. She'd gotten to listen to Ryden introduce himself again. It was tempting to just watch and see if the introduction changed every time someone new arrived. "Kendall Lily Quinn. Well, Quinn-Riverton, but anyway. I'm in International Cooperation too," she finally added. "I live in another country. Does that count?" Ireland counted as another country, didn't it?
"Yes. At your service. Though you are part of the Ministry, I would still consider you a wizarding citizen of the UK, of which this ministry has vowed to serve." Did that make sense at all? Oh...and already married? She looks young to him, but then again, he got his first child when he was still in university, so he really shouldn't be too surprised. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Kendall Riverton." he said grinning. "Oh we're in the same department! I work under Foreign Relations. You?" he asked out of curiosity...and general nicety.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.

Last edited by Stefan; 02-13-2016 at 05:58 PM.