View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

SPOILER!!: comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey O View Post
*chanting* scorBUS scorBUS scorBUS.

Honestly, I am so impressed by the fluidity of your language and diction. It's lovely, Tegategz.
You say nice things and you sound smart when you say them

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundantic View Post
Poor Nera. She's doing her BEST, Scorpius.

lol jk I love this and I'm so glad you guys are finally posting.
There is nothing poor about Nera, trust XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
This thread is MAGICAL.

"She was imaginative. One had to be when one wrote three versions of the same potions essay." POOR ROSE. ;__; And her laughing at her own "nest of vipers" pun. ROSE PLS.

Ugh ugh UGH. I love Fred. Way too much. A+ FOR HIM. MY FAVE.

Keep it comin', babes. Can't wait for more to come.
Rose pls is going to be a common refrain from you I think XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
*ships ALL the Slytherins together*

*not all at once but like....already has secret ships*

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this whole fanfic Both of you write amazingly and i'm so jealous. Rose is a little nerd but at the same time I want to be her best friend because like, she's a mini Hermione but doesn't rub you the wrong way that Hermione does sometimes?

I can't wait to read more about the Weasley/Potter family dynamic and even more about how Scorpius and his place in the school.

OH I also love how everyone actively dislikes James
<3 you're a very nice Beta reader, Daniface. I ADORE the Weasley/Potter fam stuff. And how Rose somehow is SO ANNOYING but also cool. Ern nails it I think.

---

Oh no. Oh dear. ITS CHAPTER TWO, GUYS. And yes, all our chapters are this long, basically. BECAUSE THAT IS JUST HOW WE ROLL.

2.1 The Welcoming Feast

Acantha Zabini was livid. Scorpius had only needed the slightest glance at his cousin to figure that out. As the sorting continued and some of his house mates placed their bets on which scared little first years would end up where, Scorpius kept one ear out but there were no explosions; Acantha just sat there and simmered quietly. Perhaps she didn't want to scare any of the newly sorted Slytherin first years?

There were no hatstalls this term either, Scorp noted. Sorting time still gave him a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach and he was happy when all the new students were safely ensconced at their new tables and the feast itself began. Apollo and Nera were carrying on a discussion in low voices, Scorp couldn't make out what they were saying but then he was busy with his own thoughts.

A Quidditch discussion broke out nearby and he heard his name and excited discussion from some of the younger students. Who would make the team this year? Slytherin would win again, right? And just when were try-outs going to be anyway? Scorpius sighed to himself and buttered a roll. Really? He'd been here all of an hour and people wanted a schedule? He looked up, his grey eyes meeting the bright blue of Eurydice Hightower. The fourth year had been the youngest that made the team the previous year and she was a very talented chaser. He had no doubts that she'd make the team again if she decided to try out. She had a mocking smile on her face, clearly reacting to the excited Quidditch discussion loud enough to carry from half way down the table. Leaning over the table pointedly, she spoke loud enough to be heard by most everyone, actually asking Scorp rather than just speculating on it.

"So when's try-outs then?" She eyed him expectantly. She'd just been another skinny little girl the previous school year, but summer had been quite good to her. He hadn't noticed until now; it was sometimes easier to notice the girls that weren't in his own year or house, since he wasn't confronted with them nearly as often and any changes tended to be more remarkable by default. The beginning of the school year would soon have Scorpius and his dormmates assessing everyone anew, and the opening feast was the perfect time to look around in preparation for comparing notes with the other boys later, at least once he was done eating.

"Next week." He answered in a drawl. Obviously that was the usual time for try-outs to open. "I'm not sure which day yet, that depends on the other teams." Scorpius preferred to watch the other try-outs. The previous year, James Potter had tried to make the Gryffindor try-outs closed just to spite him but Madame Hooch hadn't stood for it and had allowed anyone to attend as long as they would stay quiet and behave in the stands. Of course he had behaved; he was there to scope out the competition, not to interfere with the try-outs themselves. Scorp shot a cursory glance down the table where most of the younger students were congregated. "I'll put a notice up tomorrow." He said with a note of finality, returning his attention to the food.

"We need at least four new players, don't we? Assuming everyone who played last year gets a spot." Eurydice wasn't done talking apparently and Scorpius bit into his buttered roll rather than answer. He was hungry.

Takeshi, who was sitting next to him, saved Scorpius from needing to respond. "Five, counting reserves. Flint is not allowed to play this year. His father has forbidden it until he betters his grades." The Japanese boy was loading up his plate as he spoke. He was always one to have a prodigious appetite and yet always ate with the most precise and impressive of table manners. Scorpius had never seen his dormmate with even a speck of food on his robes. He played Quidditch with the same precision. A good thing too since a keeper could not afford to be sloppy. As for Flint, he had played chaser the previous term, and played well. It would be a shame not to have him. Scorpius made a mental note as the chatter continued around him to see if Liam Pucey would try out for the position. Pucey had been a reserve the previous year, only playing in one game as a substitute, but he'd been a good fit on the field with himself and Hightower and they had all practiced together enough that it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to put Pucey in to start. He chewed on his roll and poured himself a pumpkin juice. Quidditch was like a giant Wizard's chessboard to him and he was picturing the playing pieces and how they moved together to form a strong and united front. You couldn't play chess without a few pawns in the right place. He finished his mouthful and considered the shiniest chess piece of them all.

"We need a new seeker." That started an explosive reaction of whispers. Seeker was the position that everyone seemed to think of as the star of the show. Scorpius knew better. Ravenclaw would need a new seeker too, Scorp kept track of the other teams like it was his religion. It kind of was. When he thought about it, Hightower wouldn't be half bad in as seeker. Takeshi, who subbed in as seeker when necessary could obviously play the position too, but he was more valuable as a keeper.

"You could do it." Eurydice suggested, eyeing him over the top of her goblet as she sipped her own pumpkin juice.

He probably could, Scorpius reflected, answering only with a casually dismissive shrug, but it wasn't like it was a particular talent of his and he wouldn't put himself in as seeker in an attempt to get all the glory or something of that nature. He didn't have a trumped up idea of his abilities, unlike some people he could name. His eyes trailed over the Gryffindor table. Weasley. Weasley. Weasley. Potter. Yeah, James Potter was, in Scorp's eyes, a perfect example of that.

"I can keep a closer eye on you lot as a chaser." Scorpius said, rather than badmouthing the seventh year Quidditch captain. He didn't need to say anything about Potter out loud, his antipathy was no secret. "Besides," He added, a half-way grin curving his lips, "I'm a crack shot."

Alright, so a little bit of glory didn't hurt.

"Prove it." Apollo leaned over with a grin, his expression daring. He reached out across Nera and indicated Scorp's half-eaten buttered roll.

Scorpius couldn't help his own answering grin. He hefted the roll, stood up and took aim, the bread spun through the air and, in the kind of perfect moment that would set Scorpius to happily reminiscing in future years, beaned James Potter right in the forehead. A cheer went up from the Slytherins and Scorpius essayed a modest bow before sitting down again. It was even worth attracting Professor Atra's attention. The Slytherin Head of House was suddenly right there, and just in time to stop Gryffindor needing to retaliate by providing a punishment before a food fight could ensue.

"Detention, Malfoy." That was all that was said before the man ghosted off again. While he wasn't actually a ghost, he bloody well moved like one and sometimes when Scorpius was younger he had wondered if under his floor length robes the professor sported wheels rather than legs and actually got around by rolling here and there instead of walking like a normal person. While it would have explained the smoothness of gait, this theory did nothing to illuminate why and how Atra seemed able to practically appear out of nowhere, usually at the most inopportune of moments. The students had, collectively, straightened up and gone quiet in an attempt to be respectful and not catch the man's attention. Best not to make eye contact.

Detention wasn't so bad though, really. Apollo maintained that it was necessary for Scorpius to earn a certain number of them a year, both to add to his reputation and to make up for the fact that Apollo and Nera had to, in theory, be on their best behaviour at all times.

"Well at least you didn't get us in negative points." Acantha was still a simmering cauldron of acid and her voice cut through the remaining Slytherin amusement just as effectively as Professor Atra's presence had. But Scorpius didn't miss the expression she directed over at the Gryffindor table herself, more triumphant than smug. Scorp knew he'd probably hear an earful later, but it was still worth it for the point he'd proved, and for murderous looks being sent his way by Gryffindors, none of whom could do anything about it right then.

"If you'd hit Fred Weasley, she'd have congratulated you and probably erected a statue." Nera whispered, careful not to let her voice carry too far.

"If you'd hit Yates Shacklebolt, Rose Weasley would have thrown you a parade." Apollo chimed in, which made Scorpius throw a slightly curious look at the prefects in question. Oh? Was there something going on there? Apollo didn't elaborate but Nera was clearly on the same page, judging by her expression and the sharp nod in punctuation of Apollo's rejoinder. Some prefect thing, Scorpius surmised, dismissing it out of hand.

"I would throw him a parade if he hit Shacklebolt." Takeshi remarked. Probably a lot of people would. They were all watching the Gryffindors now, and wasn't it nice to have these little untouchable moments? Slytherin bonding at its finest.

"I am not following any schedule he plans out." Nera directed this at her sister. Acantha assured Nera that nobody would have to follow Shacklebolt and Scorp went ahead and stopped paying attention. When the conversation focused on Shacklebolt for too long, he tended to get bored of it. That Gryffindor, like many of them in Scorp's experience, was all flash and no substance. He didn't like him and made a mental note that he would throw the next buttered roll at his head. Change things up a bit. For now though, he had a feast to enjoy.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you