View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 06:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
lemon
Dark Force Defense League
Hufflepuff

DMLE
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annaliese Toussaint
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitriy Toussaint
Law Enforcement

x12 x12
Default JORDAN CATALANO! *ahhh*
Dani's Citrus Duck Spawn | Mama Giraffe | Lemon PATch | Pushed the Red Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She sat quietly while she listened to what he had to say about the ministry. Yes, she felt it was everyone's concern that had been running. In her own department it had been an issue. She couldn't believe the amount she had to train over the years. It was utterly exhausting finding good help. "Yes, I'm glad to see that you have made some nice changes. It is a wonderful thing to try to keep our good employees and keep them happy." She loved the ministry and wanted the best for it always.

"I think seminars would be great. I could always help you set things up if this would go on." She knew he had a full department to do that stuff, but she wasn't one to just leave ideas and hope someone did the hard work. She was willing to work to have them succeed. "I would like to get a more open communication with Hogwarts about quidditch as well. Our efforts to reach out the last few years seem to have gone no where." It still had put so much stress on them to find the talent with no school league. Such talent sitting not being used during school, it was a shame.

"Yes, I think internships would be wonderful It would really give teenagers a view of what goes on to know if they really want to do a job or not. In the long run I do believe they could help keep employees longer and have more expectation when starting then they have in the past. Also, opportunities to continue education and training once in the ministry might be another bonus for working hard here and staying longer." If they were willing to put their money into their employees maybe the employees would work harder for them in the end.
"Thank you." Sherman smiled, pleased by the woman's words. While he didn't much require recognition or praise, it was nice to know firsthand the changes he'd made were actually affecting employees positively. After all, he put a lot of effort into his job.

Help him set things up? "Of course, but I assume this project may take a while to sort out? I won't be in office for much longer." The end of his third and final term as Minister was approaching, so it wasn't likely he'd be there to see this through. "Perhaps you and I could draw out some plans and propose them to the next Minister as well?" It was a complicated time, and Sherman wouldn't want to hinder the following Minister's goals. Best not to step on any toes, no?

"Quidditch..." Yes, he'd heard a lot about that, given... well, Alice and whatnot. "I'm afraid that really isn't my area of expertise." The school was not something he held that much power over, as most of the public had made it clear they didn't favor Ministry involvement unless necessary, and there were laws restricting some actions that he could take there. That was probably something she'd be better off discussing with her own head and the Headmistress herself.

"I agree completely!" They'd have to be careful, as giving young people access to government positions could sometimes be difficult. But in the long run, it would be great for the Ministry, Sherman thought.

__________________________________..____this is why we can't have nice things, darling.